Tony > I got uprated calipers in the front.. the rearbrakes has to do for now.. we will see what happens this winter
*Update* turbotype4
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
Don't miss the last update on the previous page
Update
Here is some pictures from yesterdays work!
Started the left intake and the center piece!

Testmounted the IC, alot of room under it!

It doesn't stick out far either!

Testmount of the hood!

The IC will have nice fresh air coming from the top
I will make some tin that force the air through the IC and out through the vents in the hood!

A better picture of the "shelf" and airbox. The airbox will get sounddeading material both on the in and outside!

Update
Here is some pictures from yesterdays work!
Started the left intake and the center piece!

Testmounted the IC, alot of room under it!

It doesn't stick out far either!

Testmount of the hood!

The IC will have nice fresh air coming from the top

A better picture of the "shelf" and airbox. The airbox will get sounddeading material both on the in and outside!

Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
Update
Sorted out som cables..
This is the harness from the old engine
(seen in my previous turbothread!)

Added 4 connectors for the extra injectors and removed alot of ugly temporary fixes.. this is the result! Alittle more to do

Sorted out som cables..
This is the harness from the old engine

Added 4 connectors for the extra injectors and removed alot of ugly temporary fixes.. this is the result! Alittle more to do

Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
- jonas n
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:32 am
That´s the second version,the first had a smaller intercooler.. the engine on the picture was all original 2,0 type 4 with 1,7 solid lifter camshaft,garrett t25 turbo,L-jetronic from opel and teh saab 9-3 intercooler volvo/saab ignition and a crank pulley from a lawnmover;).... 127 wheel horsepower(152 at the crank) for about 500$:)
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
I had this little thing made out of 40mm alu. roundbar..
It's for oilsupply.. 1/2 hose connections in both ends and one 3/8 output for the turbo and of course 3 x 1/8 holes for the temp and pressuresenders

It's for oilsupply.. 1/2 hose connections in both ends and one 3/8 output for the turbo and of course 3 x 1/8 holes for the temp and pressuresenders
Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
culman1234
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:41 am
Turbo Baja Bug
Jonas, Looks almost ready to fire. Are you planning any paint or leaving it a sleeper? My own type IV turbo baja bug project is coming along. Tell me what you think.
[img]
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/culman123 ... pg&.src=ph
[/img]
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/culman123 ... pg&.src=ph
I bought a boost/vacuum gauge and a manual boost controller. I got a 7000 rpm VDO tach. When talking to Jake Raby he said definitely stay under 6 lbs of boost. Do you think the length of the intake runners is going to affect the responsiveness of the engine? In purchasing an oil pressure gauge how much oil pressure should I expect? I'm old school so I'm running a holley 390 CFM four barrel with vacuum secondaries with a K&N air cleaner. Thanks for lookin, Rich King
[img]
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/culman123 ... pg&.src=ph
[/img]
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/culman123 ... pg&.src=ph
I bought a boost/vacuum gauge and a manual boost controller. I got a 7000 rpm VDO tach. When talking to Jake Raby he said definitely stay under 6 lbs of boost. Do you think the length of the intake runners is going to affect the responsiveness of the engine? In purchasing an oil pressure gauge how much oil pressure should I expect? I'm old school so I'm running a holley 390 CFM four barrel with vacuum secondaries with a K&N air cleaner. Thanks for lookin, Rich King
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
culman1234 >> Looks cool! Those long pipes will make it boost later.. but I don't think you will ever notice the difference 
Tell me more about your engine ? whats in it ?
I don't know about the oilpressure.. I can't remember how much the pressure was on the last engine
I'm a EFI guy! but you can get alot out of carbs to!
Tell me more about your engine ? whats in it ?
I don't know about the oilpressure.. I can't remember how much the pressure was on the last engine
I'm a EFI guy! but you can get alot out of carbs to!
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
Update
I'm pretty pleased with the result.. this is just a mockup.. the hoses and wires will be "fixed nicer"
Overview

Another angle

Turboside..

Closeup on the right side..

Insideview, the msdbox is where it should be.

There is space left in the engine compartment

I'm pretty pleased with the result.. this is just a mockup.. the hoses and wires will be "fixed nicer"
Overview

Another angle

Turboside..

Closeup on the right side..

Insideview, the msdbox is where it should be.

There is space left in the engine compartment

Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- jonas_linder
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am
Update
Made some good progress today!
Finished the left side and center piece of the intake!


Meanwhile my friend made som finsih touches to the engine! We moved the oilfilter to the front, much better access and the space was there


Not much left to do
The intake should be finished up tomorrow and my friend will possible finsih the shelf with sounddeading material 
Made some good progress today!
Finished the left side and center piece of the intake!


Meanwhile my friend made som finsih touches to the engine! We moved the oilfilter to the front, much better access and the space was there


Not much left to do
Last edited by jonas_linder on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
