*Update* turbotype4

This is the place to discuss, or get help with any of your Type 4 questions.
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

Planning WRC class guts?

Using one of those has been beaten up pretty bad in the CP forum, gearsets are like glass.

OTOH, a bit _less_ traction might really help things.
(only driving 2 tires etc)
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

Good eyes paul :)

Pile >> I'm not worried about strength.. we have subaru, here in sweden, with the tuned up engines about 300hp and 4wd that sidesteps the clutch @ 7000rpm.. ofcourse it could look like glas after that.

The gearbox is made for 280hp from the factory.. the stock gearbox is made for 50hp.. :roll:
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

Update

Some idéas for the intake 8)

This is one of four ;)

Image
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

Okej.. so I did some more work :roll:

A second edition with the axle and plate..
Image
Image

And the latest low profile, 40mm from top to bottom ;) 8)
Image
Assembled with 85mm centrum - centrum measure ... i wonder what for :roll:
Image
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

Image
Hmmmm, what now?!?! ;)
Passatman
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2002 1:01 am

Post by Passatman »

Hi Jonas,

What happened yo the other jonas. Haven't heard from him in awhile.
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

Passatman wrote:Hi Jonas,

What happened yo the other jonas. Haven't heard from him in awhile.
He is fixing his new bus ;)
User avatar
gaston
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:27 pm

Post by gaston »

A turboed bus? :D
bo
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:49 pm

Post by bo »

jonas_linder wrote:Okej.. so I did some more work :roll:

A second edition with the axle and plate..
Image
Image

And the latest low profile, 40mm from top to bottom ;) 8)
Image
Assembled with 85mm centrum - centrum measure ... i wonder what for :roll:
Image
are those throttle bodies? if so what kind of injectors do you plan on running
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

Yes, those are throttlebodys

I used 8x 286cc last year.. but they will be to small with the new engine :? Maybe 8x green volvoinjectors ;)
CLM
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:08 am

Post by CLM »

Well I just sat down and read the whole topic, you have the makings of a nice bug there and I can't wait to see it finished. All the cars you went through to get that one is astounding.. and then you ended up just about replacing most of that body!

Wow kinda makes me want to dig out some of my projects :)

Chris
User avatar
func412
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:55 am

Post by func412 »

I´m getting parts for my "2.0Ti" project also. Few guestions came to my mind...

8x286?

I´m aiming to 150-170 Hp and thought 250 injectors would do fine. What do you think? Fuel pressure would be 3-4 bar.

How big should the single throttle body be when using 41 mm intake valves.

I happend to have kkk26 turbo. What do you think, does this work in this application to make 0,8 bar pressure.

Thanks!
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

CLM wrote:Well I just sat down and read the whole topic, you have the makings of a nice bug there and I can't wait to see it finished. All the cars you went through to get that one is astounding.. and then you ended up just about replacing most of that body!

Wow kinda makes me want to dig out some of my projects :)

Chris
Thanks Chris, I needed to hear that 8)



ps. You know everyone posting, giving feedback is my inspiration!! ds.
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

func412 wrote:I´m getting parts for my "2.0Ti" project also. Few guestions came to my mind...

8x286?

I´m aiming to 150-170 Hp and thought 250 injectors would do fine. What do you think? Fuel pressure would be 3-4 bar.

How big should the single throttle body be when using 41 mm intake valves.

I happend to have kkk26 turbo. What do you think, does this work in this application to make 0,8 bar pressure.

Thanks!
We run 380cc on jonas Ns engine, we dynoed 234hp with them maxed out. If I where you I would go for injectors closer to 300cc!

How is your plenum/intake system designed ?

What kind of camshaft are you running? that kkk26 is fairly large and will proably spoolup a bit late compaird to what power you're after! A smaller T25 or even GT17 will produce 200hp and spool faster ;)
User avatar
Tony Z
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2000 12:01 am

Post by Tony Z »

jonas_linder wrote:

ps. You know everyone posting, giving feedback is my inspiration!! ds.
Just some more inspriation here...... not saying anything, still following...
Post Reply