New england meet up

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
User avatar
Sneaks
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Sneaks »

It's not a leak, it is leaving a trail for us to follow back home!

I can't believe it. 60F today...I can see my tires!!
They are flat of course cuz I need to replace those valve stems...but I can finally see them :!:

I think this weekend there might be enough snow gone that I could possibly start working on it.

Hey Red, you are over Manchvegas way, right?
RedEvilrps13
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by RedEvilrps13 »

Yes sir i am!

My bug is currently at my mom's in Danville, but I drive it regularly during the summer.

Always keep a quart of the good stuff to refill lol
User avatar
Sneaks
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Sneaks »

So I'm thinking, to get our feet wet and still have fun, how 'bout some log roading and then some woods bashing? If we go in say May, the weather won't be too bad as far as humidity, the foliage won't be too dense but we'd far enough into the spring to miss most of bug season and catch a little of mud season.
This is motivating me to get my car rolling and stop daydreaming. I know I can't work on it outside yet (still frozen to the ground) but I can start working on other things inside like interior panels and stuff.
User avatar
fusername
Posts: 6806
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am

Post by fusername »

that sounds great to me. you have a local in mind? That gives me plenty of time to finish my tire saga and engine troubles. and if all else fails my bus is itching to get dirty too.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
User avatar
fusername
Posts: 6806
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am

Post by fusername »

hey sneaks, do you konw of any logging roads in the lower bits of NH or VT? I am gonna be doing some driving ina week or two, and would be curious if there are any close enough to my route to take a gander at the kind of stuff I am in for. that and a photo op of my bus at the mouth of a snowy mud filled track, just to pretened i drove it.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
User avatar
Sneaks
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Sneaks »

Depending on how you come up, yeh, there's some places in Freedom right off 101 that I got lost on and almost stuck a few weeks back. Where are you heading and how were you thinking of going?
Post Reply