Page 1 of 1
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:00 am
by CLKWRK
I am putting a turbo in my ghia, and i have a scat c-35 cam, it has .410" lift and 286 deg duration.
will this be a good cam to put in my 2180cc turbo/intercooled ghia? If not, any suggestions?
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:15 am
by JohnConnolly
it will be fine, I wouldn't bother changing cams!
John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CLKWRK:
<B>I am putting a turbo in my ghia, and i have a scat c-35 cam, it has .410" lift and 286 deg duration.
will this be a good cam to put in my 2180cc turbo/intercooled ghia? If not, any suggestions?
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:40 am
by petevw
how 'bout a turbo on the fk-89 in a 2332. how will this behave? or what would be a proper cam?
thanks,
pete
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:28 pm
by JohnConnolly
for competition use, the FK-87 is an excellent turbo grind!
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:22 pm
by Marty
K-8 works good too.
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 11:16 pm
by CLKWRK
Sup Pete
I am pulling out an FK-89 for the C-35, I would think that the FK-89 has too much overlap for a turbo application.
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:08 am
by marco the steem engine
I will be using a Pauter K8E05, they said this will do the job on a 2110 between 2500-6500rpm and if you run around 20psi with 7-1comp you should get between 300-400 bhp!
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:59 am
by CLKWRK
Great! Now i dont need to go out and buy a new cam for my ghia, thanks for the help
.........BRY
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:03 am
by CLKWRK
One more question, is the C-35 cam for use with 1:1 rockers or 1.4:1 rockers, and is its lobe centre the same as an engle 110 (108 deg).
I was thinking of useing a custom grind
with .575" lift, 300 deg dur and 112 deg lobe centre.........any thoughts on that?
A Good Turbo Cam?
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 3:52 pm
by John BUG2180
C-35 is for 1.1 rockers and is 108 deg. lobe centers.
------------------
John Springsteel
VW drag racer
BUG2180@aol