I am putting a turbo in my ghia, and i have a scat c-35 cam, it has .410" lift and 286 deg duration.
will this be a good cam to put in my 2180cc turbo/intercooled ghia? If not, any suggestions?
A Good Turbo Cam?
-
JohnConnolly
- Posts: 3336
- Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2000 12:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
it will be fine, I wouldn't bother changing cams!
John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CLKWRK:
<B>I am putting a turbo in my ghia, and i have a scat c-35 cam, it has .410" lift and 286 deg duration.
will this be a good cam to put in my 2180cc turbo/intercooled ghia? If not, any suggestions?
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CLKWRK:
<B>I am putting a turbo in my ghia, and i have a scat c-35 cam, it has .410" lift and 286 deg duration.
will this be a good cam to put in my 2180cc turbo/intercooled ghia? If not, any suggestions?
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
- petevw
- Posts: 476
- Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
how 'bout a turbo on the fk-89 in a 2332. how will this behave? or what would be a proper cam?
thanks,
pete
thanks,
pete
-
JohnConnolly
- Posts: 3336
- Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2000 12:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
for competition use, the FK-87 is an excellent turbo grind!
- CLKWRK
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
Sup Pete
I am pulling out an FK-89 for the C-35, I would think that the FK-89 has too much overlap for a turbo application.
I am pulling out an FK-89 for the C-35, I would think that the FK-89 has too much overlap for a turbo application.
-
marco the steem engine
- Posts: 176
- Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
I will be using a Pauter K8E05, they said this will do the job on a 2110 between 2500-6500rpm and if you run around 20psi with 7-1comp you should get between 300-400 bhp!
- CLKWRK
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
Great! Now i dont need to go out and buy a new cam for my ghia, thanks for the help
.........BRY
.........BRY
- CLKWRK
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
One more question, is the C-35 cam for use with 1:1 rockers or 1.4:1 rockers, and is its lobe centre the same as an engle 110 (108 deg).
I was thinking of useing a custom grind
with .575" lift, 300 deg dur and 112 deg lobe centre.........any thoughts on that?
I was thinking of useing a custom grind
with .575" lift, 300 deg dur and 112 deg lobe centre.........any thoughts on that?
-
John BUG2180
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2001 12:01 am
A Good Turbo Cam?
C-35 is for 1.1 rockers and is 108 deg. lobe centers.
------------------
John Springsteel
VW drag racer
BUG2180@aol
------------------
John Springsteel
VW drag racer
BUG2180@aol