HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
- panel
- Posts: 4253
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
Can this be done? Is it recomended or better to leave it in its metal state? I'm assuming this will help alot with engine reduced temp if it can be done.
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
I did mine and it works fine.
Here is a pic
[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 01-02-2002).]
Here is a pic

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 01-02-2002).]
- panel
- Posts: 4253
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
Well you can't get any better pic or car to prove it on than that! Thanks Marty!
- Steve C
- Posts: 1143
- Joined: Sun May 14, 2000 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
Hi
My housing was done localy in black, I thought that silver was not suitable for turbo use. I would highly recomend doing it.
Steve C
My housing was done localy in black, I thought that silver was not suitable for turbo use. I would highly recomend doing it.
Steve C
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
I cant really prove the lower under hood temps but I did notice that the header (coated also) and turbo do cool down very fast. It is nice to be able to work on the motor after 5 minutes without leaving skin on everything reather then the 1/2 hour that it took to cool down before.
www.staggsracing.com
www.staggsracing.com
- panel
- Posts: 4253
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
Should I go black OR silver on the housing?
- Muffler Mike
- Posts: 3186
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2001 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marty:
I did mine and it works fine.
Here is a pic
did you have it done at Car Craft? if so what was there typical turn over time?
I did mine and it works fine.
Here is a pic

did you have it done at Car Craft? if so what was there typical turn over time?
-
newestone
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Sat May 19, 2001 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
I had my exhaust coated at Car Craft turn-
over was 5 days.
over was 5 days.
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
Since Bob Godfrey at Car Craft is my pal, I can get stuff turned around real quick and I live near there so I take it to him myself. Face to face gets things prioritized a bit.
- Marty
- Posts: 5802
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:01 am
HPC Jet Hot turbo exhaust housing?
Hey Mike,
Got my new suit for X Mas, got the pedals moved, got my phisical a few days ago and license passes start the 13th and Palmdirt. Track is open for time only. The 26th at the same track is a Super E/Super Comp race that I will be running at for the final few runs. I might even enter Super Comp (9.30 index up there).
Got my new suit for X Mas, got the pedals moved, got my phisical a few days ago and license passes start the 13th and Palmdirt. Track is open for time only. The 26th at the same track is a Super E/Super Comp race that I will be running at for the final few runs. I might even enter Super Comp (9.30 index up there).