Page 1 of 1
Largest bore for the wbx with original waterhousing?
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:12 pm
by 70dragbug
Hi,
What´s the largest piston/barrel size I can go and still keep it watercooled? A friend of mine has wbx with 98 wiseco pistons and still has the original waterhousing around the cylinders.So how much more will fit?
Also will the Autocraft heads fit with the original waterhousing?
Thanks!

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:34 pm
by Piledriver
One of the listers here (In Germany IIRC) has a Oettiger 98x82 setup, still water cooled.
A factory 2110 (stock 2.1) isn't a bad geometry, esp for a blower motor, and the nice cheap T1 H-beams will fit.
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:07 am
by 70dragbug
Thanks Piledriver,
98 is what a friend of mine has also using Yamaha motorcycle pistons.What really got my curiosity is the post on that 727 HP WBX with a 101.6 Bore and still watercooled.Maybe he modified the stud spacing? I didn´t think there would be enough room for 101.6 cylinder.
For me personally the 2.1 or 2.3 is enough with a turbo set up,there´s plenty of power to made from that displacement

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:15 am
by MnMike
There is no problem with 101.6 bore and the stock stud pattern, the wbx I am working on has aircooled 101.6 cylinders and stock stud pattern.
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:06 am
by Piledriver
MnMike wrote:There is no problem with 101.6 bore and the stock stud pattern, the wbx I am working on has aircooled 101.6 cylinders and stock stud pattern.
Can you still run water sealing o-rings on the jugs, or are you running Evans cooling (zero pressure, PG antifreeze ) and using silicone for sealing?
I guess at that point just filling the cylinders becomes the biggest issue...
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:16 am
by 70dragbug
MnMike wrote:There is no problem with 101.6 bore and the stock stud pattern, the wbx I am working on has aircooled 101.6 cylinders and stock stud pattern.
And they fit in the water jacket? Did you have to modify the water jacket any or the cylinders?
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:47 am
by MnMike
No, sorry, I am going to run them aircooled, just wanted to share that 101.6 could be done without moving studs---depending on how you do it, it will work. You could always mill all the fins down, to get more clearance in the waterhousing. I have seen wbx heads used in a 101.6 aircooled race engine before too....if I had another wbx case around here, with jackets on it still I would measure it for you.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:15 am
by 70dragbug
Thanks MNMike.
Milling down the fins is the only way I can think of getting 101.6´s inside the waterhousing.Unfortunately I still don´t know if that would be enough.
Good to know that the heads will work with those cylinders
