Turn signal problems
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:54 am
Well maybe not a problem but they don't work. The car is a 1973 beetle that I had turned into a baja bug using a 1967 pan. I assumed the car was missing the turn signal relay. I ordered one and found it is a three-prong plug. Looking at the relay plate there are no spots for three-prong plug-ins.
The only thing on the plate is a square, 5-prong. The number on the side is 411 941 583C. Made in W-Germany. On the other side is 5AR 9203 The prongs are numbered 56, S, 56a and 56b. Is this the turn signal relay? I had thought is was for the emergency flasher.
If you aren't yet laghing at my incompetence, here's another question. When I made it a baja, I hadn't planned on it being street-legal so I had simply cut the wires leading to the fenders. Could those wires, no longer connected to anything be the reason? I traced the cut wires with a volmeter and there's no voltage there. The fuses are good.
Now with the price of gas so high I'd like to be street-legal so I can use it in town.
Thanks,
Kevin
The only thing on the plate is a square, 5-prong. The number on the side is 411 941 583C. Made in W-Germany. On the other side is 5AR 9203 The prongs are numbered 56, S, 56a and 56b. Is this the turn signal relay? I had thought is was for the emergency flasher.
If you aren't yet laghing at my incompetence, here's another question. When I made it a baja, I hadn't planned on it being street-legal so I had simply cut the wires leading to the fenders. Could those wires, no longer connected to anything be the reason? I traced the cut wires with a volmeter and there's no voltage there. The fuses are good.
Now with the price of gas so high I'd like to be street-legal so I can use it in town.
Thanks,
Kevin