Page 1 of 1

Cam options with a Type 4 2056 Upright Conversion

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:35 am
by general_lee_jr
I wanted to find a cam that would compliment my engine. It is a 2056 type 4 and it is going into a '72 Super. I will probably go with a set of 44IDF's or some Kads from AJ. I have a set of brand new stock 2L heads with dual valve springs. I am not sure about which distributor to use either. I just want to be able to get up on it and be able to hop in and drive to work or take it on a trip out of town too. More then likely I will go with the A1 Header(not sure about size) and will be using a DTM system. Any info would be great. It may sound gay but I have a 12' long flow chart on my garage wall and I am trying to fill in some of the blanks before I actually start putting the engine together. Thanks, GLJ

Edit: Where can you find the mallory ignition for vdubbs?

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:50 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I sell the Mallory at the Type IV store, already set up for the TIV.

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:04 am
by tuna
GLJ, That sounds like a great engine. I'm building a similar engine right now, so I'm basing my recommendation on this engine.

1). Stick with the 44IDFs.
2). Mallory Unilite w/grey springs
3). 1 5/8" A-1 header with 2.5" Magnaflow muffler
4). Definitely the DTM
5). I'd talk to Jake about one of split duration camshafts, I've got one, but I'm held to secrecy on the specs.

Plotting out your engine on paper before purchasing is one great way to make sure that you get a combination of parts that is going to work.

Tuna

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:45 am
by general_lee_jr
Once again thanks for the great replies. Looks like everything else I need will come from Jake except the carbs unless he has a secret stash of those somewhere. Its slowly coming around but we I am almost their. Brad

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:12 am
by dstar
Go with Dellortos, instead of IDFs.

You'll like the driveability.....

Don

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:46 pm
by Rowdy
That sounds a lot like the 2056 I'm building including the dual Webers. How are you jetting yours?

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:25 pm
by greenacarina
Ditto here. Only difference with mine is I'll hopefully be running the 1.8 Bus heads. I am curious to know what cam you go with since that's the only question I'm left with for my motor.
Thanks.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:26 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
RAT 9530

email me for specs..