Page 1 of 1
How much do type 4 rods weigh?
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:14 pm
by Clatter
Want to buy a balance, need to know how big.
Ballpark...
Thanks
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:04 pm
by Piledriver
>750 g size, IIRC the 2.0s are in about that range.
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:23 am
by Wally
The 2,0 rods seem to differ somewhat depending on year/model (914/bus), but most are around 800-825 gramms.
Walter
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:49 am
by Piledriver
OT: Wally, I don't see a PM or e-mail...
I'm trying to source a set of those Deutz cylinders 100mm size, uncut for a project.
This evil plan uses real 5.7 chevy H-Beam rods... with the chevy journal, not the buick one, 2.1", only a .065 cut on the 66 crank.
(The bolts go the "wrong" way vs VW modded ones...)
On a short stroke motor like that, the bolt heads shouldn't be an issue.
Anyone having any info, PM or e-mail me.
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:27 am
by Wally
Piledriver wrote:OT: Wally, I don't see a PM or e-mail...
What exactly do you want from me? I have e-mail and pm, both are listed, but I don't have a set of those Deutz cylinders for you

I don't understand...
Greetings,
Walter
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:36 pm
by Piledriver
Sorry Wally, for some reason your contact info buttons weren't showing up.
I thought you might have some possible sources, as you had mentioned these before.
Google is letting me down, as did the local Tractor places.
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:01 pm
by Kaunakakai Kid
DEUTZ Dealer:
WITCH EQUIPMENT COMPANY, INC
817-429-4824
1901 E LOOP 820 SOUTH
FORT WORTH, TX, 76112 US
DEUTZ Dealer:
STEWART & STEVENSON SERVICES
214-631-5370
1631 CHALK HILL ROAD
DALLAS, TX, 75212 US
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:23 am
by Wally
Ok, its getting way OT, but WTF.
www.deutz.de should have some info.
Be sure to get OLD cylinders. You know why..
Good luck,
Walter