Page 1 of 1

WOODY'S

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:13 am
by KANDKN
HOPEFULLY SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME. I HAVE RECENTLY SEEN A BUG TURNED INTO WHAT LOOKS LIKE A 40 FORD WOODY SEDAN DELIVERY. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A KIT FOR THIS......OR SOMEONE WHO HAS ONE OF THESE FOR SALE IN ANY KIND OF SHAPE?
THANK YOU

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:21 am
by TeamEvil

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:08 pm
by woodie
I have one that I use as a daily driver 8) . The hoods are not easy to find but the wood body can be made with some skill with tools. The plans on the above post are the ones I used. There are two site at the yahoo groups about the VW woodies that you can check out.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:01 am
by MNAirHead
I started one....

Took a bit to find the WonderBug hood ($125)...

My best suggestion would be to find someone who already has one for sale... they're dogs to move... I watched one in BC Canada for a year go from $4k to $1k... and probably is still for sale.

I believe BGW Spectre still will cast the hoods if you beg them and send $750

They're very cool rides --- biggest issues I've found working on a few are cooling and shoddy wood working skills.

I'd love to finish a woody --- still looking for a retired cabinet maker who'd love a challenge.

T.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:47 am
by Kubel Nick
BGW Spectre sells plans for the body as well.

here a samba

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:05 pm
by slodown1