Page 1 of 1

My idea for a vw rebody

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:57 am
by swoodard23
I'm looking for some input on what ya'll think about my bug rebody. It would fit a totally stock vw beelte pan and even accomodate engine conversions.
Image

And here is my idea for a midengined spyder replica
Image

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:16 am
by swoodard23
played a little with the seating arrangement
[/img]http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/jwoodar ... hemod4.jpg

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:19 am
by swoodard23
played a little with the seating arrangement
Image

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:37 am
by Kubel Nick
They do make 911 replicas to fit ontop of VW chassis, pretty well built cars too. But if I were to modify a metal bodied 911/912, I'd prefer the Porsche chassis anytime over VW's. So it'll just end up a customized Porsche, not a rebodied VW (if it was up to me).

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:55 am
by swoodard23
I know I'm getting a little picture happy, but I just designed two more concepts. Look how great 17" wheels look!Image
and
Image
Sorry, I know they are a little dicey but you get the idea.

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:47 am
by swoodard23
The bodies would be made of fiberglass, not porsche sheetmetal, and use a minimum of porsche parts.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:34 pm
Photoshoping is easy. Making a car is another story.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:39 pm
by gcorona
Who makes the 911 replica for a vw pan?

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:12 pm
by Kubel Nick
There's a current UK company that makes convincing replicas of 911's. I can't find the link anymore but here's a few other ones:
----------------------------------------------------
Indy Exotics - phone: (317) 784-1119.
15512 Churchman Avenue
Indianapolis
IN
46203
-----------------------------------------------------
Diaspora S.A.
Circuito Del LInce Pte.,
3302 Cuidad Bugambilias,
45090 Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
(3) 684-48-43

911 replica

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:45 pm
by ford34
In the UK you can find good replicas of 911 with Covin.

http://www.covin.co.uk/

and check this out too:

http://www.covinowners.f9.co.uk/html/homepage.htm