adjusting valves
-
nsargeant
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:01 am
adjusting valves
allright, i tried to adjust my valves for the first time and I turnd the flywheel to TDC and and adjusted the intake and exaust valve for the # 1 cylinder and I rotated the flywheel 180 and adjusted the intake valve for the #2 cylinder and then went to the exaust valve and it was really tight. like it wasn;t in the firing position. this may be a bumb question but do i have to rotate the engine another 180 degrees and adjust it? thanks nathan
- amskeptic
- Posts: 666
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:01 am
Re: adjusting valves
When you adjust your valves 1 then 2 then 3 then 4, you have to rotate the engine counterclockwise 180* each time.nsargeant wrote:allright, i tried to adjust my valves for the first time and I turnd the flywheel to TDC and and adjusted the intake and exaust valve for the # 1 cylinder and I rotated the flywheel 180 and adjusted the intake valve for the #2 cylinder and then went to the exaust valve and it was really tight. like it wasn;t in the firing position. this may be a bumb question but do i have to rotate the engine another 180 degrees and adjust it? thanks nathan
Colin
- captCRUNCH
- Posts: 794
- Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:01 am
-
KaferK
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:58 pm
Re: adjusting valves
The first time I ever adjusted my valves I went clockwise and ran into the same issue. It's bewildering and you think that theres something wrong, but... you just turned it the wrong way! lol.When you adjust your valves 1 then 2 then 3 then 4, you have to rotate the engine counterclockwise 180* each time.
Colin