WTH?

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
bajaherbie

WTH?

Post by bajaherbie »

Thoughts?ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
baja5

Re: WTH?

Post by baja5 »

That’s one way to keep your back seat.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

I think it started with a swing set?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

It's and interesting design idea...
099d49afeb9bc50140462cdfb134e2bb copy.jpg
... assuming the rear tube is attached the same way, the side bars, that are attached to the door frame/structure, could end up being a problem causing the door frame to distort then jam in some hard riding.

Also, that structure probably isn't doing what it is wanted to do (w/o seeing more).

Opinion.

Lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolfin

Post by Wolfin »

See! That's what happens when you give your woman a say over how your car is going to be built! I was building my Trail Rail with my Wife's capable assistance when she noticed that there were no doors. Uh oh! says she! No no no no says she! I must have a door to get in and out says she! No no no no door says I. You can't have a door in a rail says I. Back and forth for a few days. I finally gave in and installed doors in my Trail Rail! I mounted Debris nets over the side openings! Bwahahaha.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Wolfin, I feel your pain. Mine wants easier access to get in our rail too. Gotta figure out a way I keep her happy. The Baja above, uh not sure about that setup.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Wolfin wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:05 pm See! That's what happens when you give your woman a say over how your car is going to be built! I was building my Trail Rail with my Wife's capable assistance when she noticed that there were no doors. Uh oh! says she! No no no no says she! I must have a door to get in and out says she! No no no no door says I. You can't have a door in a rail says I. Back and forth for a few days. I finally gave in and installed doors in my Trail Rail! I mounted Debris nets over the side openings! Bwahahaha.
Be careful with what you say... your wife might read it and then want a door between the two of you opening towards you (slammidy, slammidy, slam!)... and that would be a tight fit :roll: :lol:

Lee