Electric off-road vehicles

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Electric off-road vehicles

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Is one line the foot brake and the other one the e-brake?

Lee
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

Oh boy, the Lordstown will have competition during the San Felipe 250.

bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:Is one line the foot brake and the other one the e-brake?

Lee
The red lines contain the current going to the hub motor and the two flex lines contain a coolant to cool it all down.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
chuckput

Post by chuckput »

The Lordstown entry made 40 miles in the race before it needed to stop for a recharge. It has been sitting hooked to a diesel powered generator for over 90 minutes. Meanwhile, the Nissan Leaf powered Toyota 4Runner continues to motor along but they have not reached checkpoint 1 yet.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

This is kind of off-topic but it does deal with electric motors.

Since the price of gas has gotten so high and the quality of gas w/additives has become questionable I have now purchased an electric mower and, yesterday, an electric string trimmer.

The mower is great (not sure of all of them though) but I am now learning the string trimmer. So far I have found that the string trimmer is longer in length and heavier (stronger main shaft that can fold in the middle). The instructions are redundant (4 pamphlets each on different subjects and in different languages). The battery will work for about an hour then quit... immediately when dis-charged but recharges in roughly an hour. The motor spins the string much faster and the string can wrap around solids and jerk you so you have to learn the machine so... learn where people can't see your mistakes :oops: :twisted: .

The batteries last 3 to 5 years depending on the amount of use and are expensive... maybe close to what you would spend in the same amount of time in gas and oil.

Anyway, I suspect that some of this might be transferrable to electric vehicles... at least for a while.

Lee
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

I bought the dewalt 60V weedeater with the 15" cut. I already had the batteries for my Dewalt 60V saw, recip, & 1/2" impact gun.

I now have two gas powered weedeaters for sale that "need a little work". I am done with them for good, haha

bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

No desire to own an electric vehicle right now.