Engine shuts off

Are you one of those confused people who can't make up their mind?
mutly

Engine shuts off

Post by mutly »

At my wits end. I have ej22 out of a 92 legacy wagon with an automatic trans. Just finished the install into my 70 standard beetle. Engine fires right up, runs for 5 to 10 seconds then shuts off. No error codes, fuel pressure is a constant 29 psi, brand new battery and alternator has been checked and charges at 14.8 volts. I’ve checked ever ground and have been over every wire on the ecu several times. Any suggestions would be welcome on how to fix this.
dlamyle

Re: Engine shuts off

Post by dlamyle »

If you have a wiring diagram for your ECU I'd check the wire in this thread. Seems strange two people would miss it. Have to wonder if they followed the same instructions while building their harness...symptoms vary but IAC, large vacuum leaks and MAF are popular culprits as well.
https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/to ... 4-seconds/
1968 Karmann Ghia, JDM EJ205, Subarugears, OBX LSD, Blouch 16g XTR, Killer B Headers, DW 750cc, Meth Inj, Cobb AP w/Mach V 22psi Dyno tune (332whp)
Videos
Build Thread
mutly

Re: Engine shuts off

Post by mutly »

Problem solved. Found the hose from the IAC valve to the inlet duct had a large crack in it. It was Very well hidden so I did not see it right away. Replaced the hose and now it runs fantastic. Thanks for the help.