in tank fuel pump

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
woodsbuggy1

Re: in tank fuel pump

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I would think that a fuel pump assembly from a flex fuel vehicle would be a great option, but also believe that most modern fuel pumps and FPRs are fine with E85.
Kenric
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
turboedbug

Post by turboedbug »

eanico wrote:Will the phantom fuel pump support E85 as is, meaning non-e85 kit?
Only one way to find out hahah.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Turbo!
Bapajo

Post by Bapajo »

I went with the in tank pump kit for my efi build. Didnt like the ribbed tank top and thick rubber gasket to provide a good seal so I had a flange welded to the top of my tank to provide a flat surface and give it some strength.
risk

Post by risk »

Mine is in the same area but I did not weld on a flange. The thick gasket sealed off fine and I have not had any leaks. I do admire your setup and it looks nice and strong!

What sending unit are you planning on using? I currently have the stock beetle electronic style with the float arm turned sideways.. it only reads til the fuel level gets down in the sump area. So, less than 1/4 of a tank and I have to guess on my fuel level..
Bapajo

Post by Bapajo »

I had a new ww tank for my install so I decided to get the flange added as a precaution before it ever saw fuel in case it turned out that it leaked and I'd then need to weld on a used tank.

I'm planning on using the stock sender, it seems to clear everything OK but as yet its untested.
xzener

Post by xzener »

My setup is very similar to yours Bapajo. I can confirm a stock sending unit works just fine.
PXL_20210123_001620515.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boost is contagious.