MadMike's 'Casper' 76 bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My latest ride named Boo boo

Post by madmike »

Called Bergs, I Thought I had Dialed a wrong # ,I ask him where the hell are u from? ,,,,The Guy was from 'London England' :lol: anyhow,, I ordered some Pressure Plate shim kit,, I just know I'll be needing,, gonna be raining all week here,,I'm getting antsie :lol: Trying to time this so I don't have the bug all apart, when the body shop guys calls me,, Yea,Im still waiting on that "Paint job' ,, been two friickin years since we made a deal :roll: told him a few weeks ago '$hit or get off the pot',treat me like a regular costumer and paint my bug or give me the Motor I built for you,, I can always sell the motor,,hope he don't call when I drop the motor to swap the trans :? Cheers,Mike
madmike

Post by madmike »

Got the Trans swap done ,just waiting on the Shim kit for the Pressure Plate, I turned 68 last week and boy do I feel it now ,, :lol: hope the Sauna tonight help with the pains :D Photo's are bassackwards first one is the new trans :lol: sorry for the crappy photos :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Messiest garage in northen Michigan :oops: Note to self ,, 'Spring cleaning" :oops: :lol:
But that lil swap meet Impact gun save the day ,didn't lose the charge ,worked on the CV bolts too :wink:
John S.

Post by John S. »

Is the bucket supposed to catch the balanced box of tools? Hopefully the bucket is empty. Lol
madmike

Post by madmike »

I sit on that garden cart , bucket elevates tools so I don't have to been over so much , trying to save my back :roll: :lol: got the shim kit but the studs were wrong ( would'nt fit over the shim :roll: ) started to grind them to fit ,,say screw it just reused the bolts :roll:
Bugs back together & running , trans works on the jack stands ,, waiting for 'dry roads' :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madmike

Post by madmike »

road dried up enough to test drive the bug's new trans , shifts good , no howl , has reverse :lol: ,, I didn't boost , ,,maybe when I get better weather etc.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Can't beat that!
madmike

Post by madmike »

U-Betcha, For all of $150 I have invested in the Trans w/oil :lol: I just order a Syncro ring for the old trans , I'll rebuild and Keep for a spare or ,,Sell it?
buguy

Post by buguy »

I think i paid $1700 for my rebuilt trans... So id keep it if it were me!
madmike

Post by madmike »

Well I was going to order that Syncro ring, from a guy on slamba,, $15 cool,, he re directs me to his site to place the order,, $85 ,,wtf was my reply back to him :roll:
buguy

Post by buguy »

Excellent!
Clatter

Post by Clatter »

You can get new ones from Weddle - they ship right away, too.
https://weddleindustries.com/products/1 ... -311-295-D

At $13.50 each it makes sense to do them all.
Scott at Metalcraft told me these syncros are good quality, and the last trans i built with them worked great.
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853
madmike

Post by madmike »

I should really check with my 'Locals' first,sometimes we forget the lil'guys :wink: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Got bored waiting for Spring to quit farting around(raining) tore into a motor someone gave me a while ago,, "Mouse motor" ,all of the hardest cylinders to come off I have ever had the pleasure to hammer on :lol: some I just remover the rod caps, I soaked everything with ATF/Acetone 50/50 had to take a break came back from small break,,,Man that Mix works cylinders moved ,I had used a half can of pb Blaster on this case about 6 months ago didn't do diddly :roll: nevr going to buy that again,,, Phewwwww mouse Pee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,long ,,,,,,,,,,after supper ,,tapped the lifters out bores felt good,will check better later, so far: stock line bore/ std bearings, I love Michigan car/Bugs rot out before a Gazillion mile's are put on them,and Type 3 motors are less trashed too like this one,Cheers,Mike
John S.

Post by John S. »

Wow a mouse condo! The crank is probably only rusty because of the mouse pee, yuk!