CENTERMOUNT FAN SHROUD DUCTING INSERT

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: CENTERMOUNT FAN SHROUD DUCTING INSERT

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

vw_chuck wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:20 am Guys how about one of these inserts for the non doghouse 36HP style shroud. They left out all the fins on the 3-4 side because of the oil cooler but most people run with an external oil cooler so the fins are non there causing all kinds of misdirection of air. You just need to copy the doghouse shroud fins and it should slip right on in. This would be for the SCAT or EMPI 36hp non-doghouse shroud.
Thoughts? I would pay up to 50 bucks as it is a pain in the ass to get the fins out of a doghouse shroud.
https://www.geneberg.com/article.php?ArticleID=238 Some more conversation/dialog on the cooler.

Lee
Hebster

Post by Hebster »

Lo cash lester wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm
FJCamper wrote:You do have the ducting vanes in place, right?

Great photo.

This is what I have. We’ll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The wave on top of yours is unnecessary as the wave on the inserts is there only because the factory shrouds have one tiny useless vane up there that the inserts need to clear from.
Check my upgrade in my thread below.
viewtopic.php?p=1198865#p1198865
Lo cash lester

Post by Lo cash lester »

Getting closer to testing the shroud, John and I are signed up for this years Hot Rod Drag Week. The shroud will get true real world testing!
Lo cash lester

Post by Lo cash lester »

Finally got real world testing on the fan shroud! Just finished Sick Week 2023 here in Florida. Racing at five race tracks in five days driving 1000 miles between tracks in the car that you race with no chase vehicle or trailer to haul the car. The shroud performed flawlessly! The engine ran cool as any I've ever driven. The problem that we had was oil temps. Oil cooler placement and ducting wasn't ideal. We worked every day at a solution and made progress to the point that we could drive for extended periods with higher temps then wanted but got us to the finish! Next step is get oil cooler placement/ducting correct and keep doing these style Drag and Drive events.

H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

Thank you for this! I want one of these...eventually.

H2OSB
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants. :wink:
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Very cool