look familiar to anyone?

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
thndr1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

look familiar to anyone?

Post by thndr1 »

hello all,

I recently found this kit car in Texas. Does anyone know anything about it?

VW powered, shortened pan, air intake in front and vent on hood top directly above gas tank, swithes located to the left of driver, T-top with removable one piece roof, flat windshield. Its from the 80s i believe and cool as hell...

I think the designer and builder is either from Texas or currently in Texas. Any help would be appreciated.

Image


thanks
User avatar
ALYKAT III
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 am

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by ALYKAT III »

Dopn't know what it is, but I really like it ! Did you already buy it or just looking?
thndr1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by thndr1 »

bought it just tyring to find out what the heck it is
User avatar
ALYKAT III
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 am

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by ALYKAT III »

Looks like a score to me ! Have you looked on kitcar .com or kitcarlinks.com ? May be some info there.
thndr1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by thndr1 »

tried both, nothing yet. supposedly only 17 were built
User avatar
SCOTTRODS
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 am

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by SCOTTRODS »

Can you post a picture of the back end (maybe a little larger too)... I bought a 73 Super from a guy several years ago building a car that was very similar.... I know where the guy still is too... I may be able to go and check again.... Not sure whether he still has it or if he sold it to some guy in Texas that posts on the forums.... (Sorry.... couldn't resist) :mrgreen:

Also,... where in TX are you located... Generaally speaking. North, south?... don't want to send people to steal your new toy.
I have found them completely missing more than once. - PILEDRIVER

Some pics of My Powder Coating work
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/
My Facebook Page for Powder Coating
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by Piledriver »

Looks like some variant of a Sterling.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
thndr1
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by thndr1 »

Image

Image

the car was in north fort worth
Chris V
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:01 am

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by Chris V »

SCOTTRODS wrote:...Also,... where in TX are you located... Generaally speaking. North, south?... don't want to send people to steal your new toy.
Is there really theft in Texas? I don't think I'd dare go after the toothpicks on the counter at the diner without a sure go ahead :lol:

Sweet car :) Can we get a pic without the roof on?
User avatar
SCOTTRODS
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 am

Re: look familiar to anyone?

Post by SCOTTRODS »

Chris V wrote:
SCOTTRODS wrote:...Also,... where in TX are you located... Generaally speaking. North, south?... don't want to send people to steal your new toy.
Is there really theft in Texas? I don't think I'd dare go after the toothpicks on the counter at the diner without a sure go ahead :lol:

Sweet car :) Can we get a pic without the roof on?
Sure,... there's theft in Texas.... even though we all carry guns and dare anybody to look at us wrong.... :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Thnd1, Sorry.... that's not the rear-end i was thinking it was going to be. It's a bit taller than the one I was thinking about. His was a very unusual make also, and there was a ton of special needs with it. That's a really decent looking Car though. I'll keep eyes and ears open for ID.... ya never know what you'll run across.
I have found them completely missing more than once. - PILEDRIVER

Some pics of My Powder Coating work
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/
My Facebook Page for Powder Coating
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297
Post Reply