Page 1 of 4

Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:58 am
by david58
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:07 am
by CentralWAbaja
Can't see images? :?....

Never mind.... there they are now

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:40 am
by Dale M.
Quite frankly the old beer bottle in picture tells it all.....

Somebodies attempt to move linkage to right so they could have center- low pilots seat, drag car?

Dale

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 am
by david58
I think it took more than one beer to figure out the linkage quite frankly. I might just trade out some prized possessions and fire this baby up.

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:22 pm
by bajaherbie
pssst, david58, you already have a rail.....

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:36 pm
by Leatherneck
Even when it was new it doesn't look like a smooth shift. I wouldn't loose to many possessions on this one David

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:19 pm
by david58
Leatherneck wrote:Even when it was new it doesn't look like a smooth shift. I wouldn't loose to many possessions on this one David
LMAO I can't understand why not............

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:23 pm
by winifredevw
Discombulated looking, but I can see that it probably worked. The back-forth action of the shift lever looks like it had to have some side-to-side action at the nose of the trans as well. There's a lot of action going on there.

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:03 pm
by david58
winifredevw wrote:Discombulated looking, but I can see that it probably worked. The back-forth action of the shift lever looks like it had to have some side-to-side action at the nose of the trans as well. There's a lot of action going on there.
True but it did work. A little rust doesn't scare me.

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:08 pm
by bajaherbie
Image

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:10 pm
by david58
bajaherbie wrote:Image
Now I need a helper...............................

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:22 pm
by winifredevw
Wanna borrow my intern?

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:41 pm
by chknlyps62
bajaherbie wrote:Image
:shock: She grabbed the wrong can, these work better!

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 pm
by winifredevw
Maybe to get this thread back on track, heres a pic of what I had/have,

Image

Re: Different Shifter Linkages Thread

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:55 pm
by david58
A work of art