Page 1 of 1

are 1964 and 1969 bodies interchangeable?

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:21 am
by 1970sl70
Hello, I am new to beetles and was wondering if someone could tell me if you can put a 1964 bug body on a 1969 bug pan? I have a nice 1969 pan but the body has a lot of rust. I have a 1964 body available that has no rust at all that I could use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:00 am
by david58
http://www.jbugs.com/store/merchant.mvc ... _Code=1081
According to the link above floor pans half's are the same from 1953-1970

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:49 am
by sideshow
It is the same enough, at some point in time a rear body mount just before the shock tower changes in height. It will need to be trimmed or extended hardy a challenge in the grant scheme of a project like that.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:06 pm
by 1970sl70
Thank You both very much!

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:38 pm
by Marc

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:51 am
by david58
How to: Early beetle body rear mount mod for late pan


Here are some photos of the rear body mount I had to move up so I could use the 68 pan with my 63 body. You can see the rear mount on the early body is too low for the late pan (big gap between the pan and body).

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Baja Wes]

http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/view ... p?tid=8392

thanks

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 am
by 1970sl70
thanks a lot , that is great information and the pictures are great.