Page 1 of 16
Seabee turbo buggy build
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:04 pm
by seabeebuggy
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:18 pm
by seabeebuggy
I added a roof rack and some cheep lights.
Here is a few items I like to be on my cars.
note the shovel.
Rope and hooks
Next stage was more power. CB Hideaway. and new trans. (broke the first gear) pooping wheelies
this was a great clean look but i lost almost 4'' of ground clearance due to turbo header. So i changed everything .
new CB header Much better power and clearance.
The pipe was too loud so a change was in order, also note the new fuel tank, I have 2 tanks and a switch to change them.
I smoked that engine quick so i needed to change a few things. new Pistons and rings. LM1 for tuning I added a ugly inter cooler for 7$
I also added Alki injection This was the best place to put it . Cant see it from behind the ugly Inter cooler.
I also added a new mallory system to help keep my new 3rd engine from going up in smoke.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:29 pm
by seabeebuggy
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:42 pm
by seabeebuggy
Well I cant keep the Stock Front end. So I called on Pete at A-ARM.COM
He worked his magic on a new design for king link front ends.
The unit bolts right on
Here is where the Rack & P go. Right in the tunnel for no bump .
Technical help was the best.
Now we are talking.
Still no brakes and need to go back to shop to complete cage, and put hanging pedals in.
Inside cage and pedals done.
Painted the arms.
Also added side bars with Alum diamond plate
Note: My 4yo in Photo is over 4' tall. The car now has 20.5'' ground clearance.
I added 2 more lights. and a 105 amp alt.
Here is a future Mod to the cage. I want to add 1 more seat in the rear.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:45 pm
by tikotiko
whats up seebee thats cool im gonna take pics of this weekend
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:49 pm
by Leatherneck
Great pics Seabee. If you run across anymore cheap ugly intercoolers let me know

Thanks for posting them.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:50 pm
by Skidmark
Wow!
That's a nice buggy... great work!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:50 pm
by david58
Nice thread.

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:14 pm
by fusername
with a motor like that, I'd be pooping wheelies all over the place too!
looking real good there, i need to put a shovel mount on mine. and I really like the rope on the bumper look, gotta try something like that on mine.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:17 pm
by Ol'fogasaurus
Lookin' good. It sure has gone through a lot of changes. I like the front suspension.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:30 pm
by Hedrock
Thanks for the pics... That is very nice

.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:13 pm
by seabeebuggy
Thank you guys. It has been a money pit ----- I mean fun.

Some day I hope to do something with in cooler. Add a larger one up higher or in a small wing in the rear. I really like the lights I have on the car. The large 3rd brake light off a dodge truck. I found the inter cooler on e bay, it is a rx7 . I see them there once in a while. The custom aluminum cover the directs the air from the fan cost more then the cooler and the fan. hand made polished up. Silly me. Next time it is steel and spray paint.
I want to change the rear out for 3x5's and add coil over. But that will go on the next car. I want the same set up on a 4 seater glass buggy. I will go water cooled next time too. cheaper, reg gas same HP or more.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:21 pm
by ChadRat
you did a great job. what size coil overs do ya have up front? How much travel are you getting in front?
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:32 pm
by seabeebuggy
I have the Fox 2.0 7/8'' shaft 6.5'' travel shock. 250 lb spring . I get 13'' travel it can get more but I have yet to bottom it out on whoops doing 60mph on hard and sand whoops.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:05 pm
by RAIL9222
Cool car, nice job.