Temp gauge

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Temp gauge

Post by Leatherneck »

Does anybody have the schematic for a oil temp gauge? Seemed to of lost mine.

It has 3 male connector one being for Sender one for (+) and guessing one for (-) ground would that be correct? I do not want to assume I have it right and fry something. Thanks guys!
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by david58 »

Image
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by david58 »

Image
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Thanks David, I am going with the first one. Really appreciate your help here and elsewhere on STF.
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by david58 »

No problem I thought the first one would be confusing but they wire the same way doesn't matter if it is pressure or temp. :wink: You guys should really try google. :lol:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Don't need to I just "David" and bam there it is.
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by CopperBaja »

Can I run an oil pressure idiot light along with a gauge?

If so, where do I put it in the circuit?
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by david58 »

CopperBaja wrote:Can I run an oil pressure idiot light along with a gauge?

If so, where do I put it in the circuit?
You need to add a tee into the existing oil pressure outlet, then you can run both.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

If you are running an external oil filter you can use that for your gauge and the stock temp sender for your light. But that is only if.
User avatar
CopperBaja
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by CopperBaja »

No external oil filter....yet. Skid tells me he runs stock doghouse and doesn't have heating problems.

I have an electric sender. Can I tee off the wire?
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by david58 »

CopperBaja wrote:No external oil filter....yet. Skid tells me he runs stock doghouse and doesn't have heating problems.

I have an electric sender. Can I tee off the wire?
I would say no, but if the resistance is the same then that would be a yes, or a maybe. Do you have part numbers etc.......to compare? You have 2 different things going on here a light that lights when it sees no pressure and a gauge that senses pressure. Simplest thing to do is use a tee with both sensors then wire them up.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

CopperBaja wrote:No external oil filter....yet. Skid tells me he runs stock doghouse and doesn't have heating problems.

I have an electric sender. Can I tee off the wire?
Good choice sticking with stock cooling.. unless it's a $400 project, the chineese parts will not be an improvement.
Post Reply