Page 1 of 2

Welding Projects & Pictures

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:48 pm
by david58
Does anyone have any welding and fabrication projects that they would like to share?

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 pm
by Chris V
Image

Image

Image

Image
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:51 am
by Leatherneck
Chris V, man props to you buddy you have some talent. How long have you been at it? Is this a program you have or somebody elses? Would like to hear more about it.

Image

Keep up the great work , thanks for the pictures.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:52 am
by david58
Chris V it looks like you have a few projects going on there. Nice pics.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:13 pm
by Chris V
Leatherneck wrote:Chris V, man props to you buddy you have some talent. How long have you been at it? Is this a program you have or somebody elses? Would like to hear more about it.

Keep up the great work , thanks for the pictures.
Well thanks...That took me awhile...and honestly it was the only design stuff I've ever done using any software programs. It was a trial version of I think "Rhino CAD" that my junior high school Tech teacher told me about. Seriously cool stuff, I just barely touched the surface of what is capable but it was enough to really help.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:41 pm
by Chris V
David58bug wrote:Chris V it looks like you have a few projects going on there. Nice pics.
We keep busy :lol:

Image

Image

Image

Image[/img]

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:27 pm
by slowtwitch
My engine test stand. This is one of the first things I ever welded. I made it in November of last year.

The place where I work, was scrapping a bunch of these carts. I just added some metal. I'm going to add a control board, with gages and switch.

Image

and here is my current project... with only a few months of welding experience under my belt.

putting in a new tray and a removable apron.

Image

some quarter panel work, not finished ...yet

Image

Repaired some rusty spots near the rear vents...

Image

Not pictured is the new front clip, heater channel, and left side "A" post.

The more i weld, the more comfortable i feel about doing it. Now, i just got to remember to shut of that friggin gas valve on the bottle., when I'm done welding.

pete

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:24 am
by rexr
Here is a rear seat frame that I fabbed up..

Image

Here is the mounting point on the cage..

Image

And here is the seat installed..

Image

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:41 am
by allsierra123
Rex is that A childs seat? Curious about what Size it is.I would like to do something like that In the rear of mine.But I want to build the cage so that it is easy to get in and out of.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:21 am
by rexr
allsierra123 wrote:Rex is that A childs seat? Curious about what Size it is.I would like to do something like that In the rear of mine.But I want to build the cage so that it is easy to get in and out of.
No it's just a standard 36" fiberglass bench with a custom cover that I bought from a guy.. That's why I had to make the frame for it..

I just cut out the horizontal bar on the cage that ran behind the seats because it was in the way both getting in and out and sitting back there even for my 6 year old and his friends.. It is nearly impossible for adults to get back there.. I am going to move the horizontal cross member down to foot level so that I still have some stiffness in the cage..

I am looking at moving the rear portion of the cage back so that it is closer to the firewall but I am not sure how to tackle it yet..

The big thing for access is being able to move the seats forward enough to allow someone to crawl back there. The set up I have is ok but I saw a guy in the desert that had taken seats out of some Japanese car that had a much better hinge system that mine which just pivots at the lower front of the seat. His worked on more of a parallelogram system where the whole seat moved forward versus just tilting..

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:28 am
by allsierra123
Yeah Its tough if the whole family likes to go. You have to design the whole cage setup around that.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:40 am
by rexr
allsierra123 wrote:Yeah Its tough if the whole family likes to go. You have to design the whole cage setup around that.
Or build two cars... :lol: I wish... :shock:

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:41 am
by allsierra123
Well Im thinking of doing that actually.Just doing a really mild daily/family dune vehicle.Just have to find the right Type 2.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:06 pm
by rexr
Got an opportunity to do a little fab work this weekend.. I cut the front of the body off to put a one piece front end on and as soon as I made the first cut I realized that I had just cut off my tank mount as I am running the stock tank..

So here is what I came up with..

Image

Image

Image

Image

Overall I am pretty happy with it.. I was able to tie into the body mounts that are on top of the beam so I can utilize the rubber bushings that are there to help with some of the shock and vibration..

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:53 am
by zeroaxe
Chris V wrote:Image

Image

This is really a nice Buggy Chris V! I really like the design. I have sent you a PM, hope you dont mind :D