Page 1 of 2
FAQ - Rear Trailing Arm Shock Mount IRS
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:16 pm
by david58
scott the viking wrote:It's not really an "idea" per-say...it is something I have been running on my bug for about three years.

SANDDUDE wrote:That looks very nice! Where did you get that piece of metal?
scott the viking wrote:That is a rear shock mount off of a 1963 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup.
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:35 pm
by Leatherneck
That one is a keeper, how about some more examples, If yours is different post it.
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:55 pm
by 72bajaben
those are pretty sweet
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:58 pm
by david58
I agree Scott has a very vivid amagination you know who could have looked under a Chevy Pick em Up Truck and designed something as sweet as that.
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:21 pm
by 72bajaben
i think that i am going to look at some chevy restore sites from some shock mounts.
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:27 pm
by david58
I think Scott has an approved patent on them.
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:30 pm
by 72bajaben
what...does chevy know about this?
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:26 pm
by david58
Absolutely too much I ordered a left and a right they called me and asked if I ever owned a VW based car. I said no but they said their records show that I bought a gas cap for a bug 10 years ago.
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:05 pm
by 72bajaben
so they wouldnt sell you shock mounts cause you owned a VW?
Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:18 pm
by Leatherneck
Man I want to go fishing too, catch some really big ones.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 pm
by david58
Let's go deep sea fishing I have a little 19 foot center console should be enough room for a small beer keg. Well go sport fishing LOL nobody has to clean what they catch. Julie volunteeres to be the bartender I never let her drink and drive at the same time.
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:52 pm
by Leatherneck
Another shock mount on some 4 X 5 arms

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:28 pm
by bajaherbie
here are my trailing arms with the factory shock mounts... the arms are stock width and 1" longer, you can also see the limit straps, 930 cv's and the 300m axles.....
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:00 am
by MNAirHead
Herbie.. did you have to upgrade/change your axles?
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:26 am
by bajaherbie
it was a swing axle car...
i bought the trailing arms, axles, and thing drums used. they were on a 1-2 1600 buggy out of ovenzona. i got a smokin' deal on it all....