Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - SOLD

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
User avatar
Sneaks
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Sneaks »

hotrodsurplus wrote:
namelesswonder wrote:Okay...not the update you all were hoping for...I need to sell this car.
The right decision isn't always the easy one. I had to sell off a lot of things close to me to get to where I am today, and while I miss them I wouldn't change it for anything. Just keep posting. The cars unite us but we're really here for the people and friendships.
^X2

You are ALWAYS welcome at my house and on mud trips.
User avatar
bajaherbie
Posts: 9967
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:07 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by bajaherbie »

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
User avatar
Sneaks
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Sneaks »

Herbie's bummed cuz you are the only female and now all he'll have is his avatar...
User avatar
petew
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by petew »

A good no is always better than a lazy yes I always say.

Better for the car to go to someone who has the time and energy to fix it properly... and give you some headspace back.
Ol'fogasaurus
Posts: 17881
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Sorry Franz had to go but; "Ya gots to do whats ya gots to do." (author unknown)

It was an interesting build to follow and who knows; there may be a follow up car. On the next build, look how much better prepared you will be for it. Keep in touch with us.

Lee
User avatar
Lotrat
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Lotrat »

You are officially out of the Blackjack TM club. :evil:

Not many use a VW as a DD. Get something lame to put around in for now. You'll come back to a VW somewhere down the line. I waited 20 years.
Last edited by Lotrat on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
namelesswonder
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:37 am

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by namelesswonder »

petew wrote:Better for the car to go to someone who has the time and energy to fix it properly... and give you some headspace back.
That's what I'm keeping focused on. I hope a nice VW enthusiast will come along and really want to finish this project. I would be reluctant to sell it to someone who hasn't done this before...someone like me =P

I'll be around the forum, mostly lurking probably, but right now, the focus is on job hunts and getting rid of a lot of stuff that college accumulated into my possession.
User avatar
Sneaks
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Sneaks »

I think we all have been there at least once in our lives. Don't fade away, just cuz you won't have a VW doesn't make you any less family:) looK at all the experiences you can share with some nub...plus, the build of Franz is almost legendary.

You can help with the rally bug when I get to it, it's even orange!
User avatar
Big Dave
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 4:31 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Big Dave »

namelesswonder wrote:... right now, the focus is on job hunts and getting rid of a lot of stuff that college accumulated into my possession.
For sale: nice collection of glass "art", various size alligator clips, several large funnels, and pieces of garden hose. :lol:
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.
User avatar
david58
Moderator
Posts: 14100
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:14 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by david58 »

Big Dave wrote:
namelesswonder wrote:... right now, the focus is on job hunts and getting rid of a lot of stuff that college accumulated into my possession.
For sale: nice collection of glass "art", various size alligator clips, several large funnels, and pieces of garden hose. :lol:
Sounds like you have been there before Big Dave. :D
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
User avatar
Sneaks
Posts: 1653
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Sneaks »

Big Dave wrote:
namelesswonder wrote:... right now, the focus is on job hunts and getting rid of a lot of stuff that college accumulated into my possession.
For sale: nice collection of glass "art", various size alligator clips, several large funnels, and pieces of garden hose. :lol:
Priceless...
User avatar
Lotrat
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Lotrat »

Sneaks wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
namelesswonder wrote:... right now, the focus is on job hunts and getting rid of a lot of stuff that college accumulated into my possession.
For sale: nice collection of glass "art", various size alligator clips, several large funnels, and pieces of garden hose. :lol:
Priceless...
I just blew my latte out my nose.
User avatar
fusername
Posts: 6806
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by fusername »

now had you said smoke rings i would hae been impressed
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
User avatar
birddog1148
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:42 am

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by birddog1148 »

Lotrat wrote:
Sneaks wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
namelesswonder wrote:... right now, the focus is on job hunts and getting rid of a lot of stuff that college accumulated into my possession.
For sale: nice collection of glass "art", various size alligator clips, several large funnels, and pieces of garden hose. :lol:
Priceless...
I just blew my latte out my nose.
latte????? Really Lotrat :shock:
NLW I built my first Baja as a college student, and like it has ben said before, you will be back. Good luck in the job hunt!
User avatar
Big Dave
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 4:31 pm

Re: Franz, the thunder pumpkin! - Dead project

Post by Big Dave »

fusername wrote:now had you said smoke rings i would hae been impressed
I'm just old school. That's how I roll.
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.
Locked