FAQ - Guages

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
User avatar
scott the viking
Posts: 3864
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:35 am

Post by scott the viking »

Yeah...I once tried to train a kid to flap a cookie sheet in front of my carb (force induction)....it's a long story and my lawyer says I shouldn't talk about it yet.

The switches...I have not used them myself...but I have seen a couple of cars at the sand drags who had them....I was wondering how well they would deal with moisture.
steve0we
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steve0we »

Thats a good question about the moisture. The switches themselves are in a sealed box, that I have since re-sealed just to be safe. All of the relays and electronics are in another unit. That will be mounted in dox behind the dash that I will make as water and dust friendly as possible. I do like the fact that you can have set each switch change its function by changing the dipswitch on the side of the unit.
blue manx
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:41 pm

Re: FAQ - Guages

Post by blue manx »

:twisted: Anyone have a wiring diagram for an old VDO tach with 4 terminals on the back? 12-,6-,+, and one more? I don't want to FRY the tach or pooch the ignition if I hook it up wrong!
User avatar
Can Drive Soon
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 1:08 pm

Re: FAQ - Guages

Post by Can Drive Soon »

For the record

Image
Post Reply