Page 5 of 10
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:33 pm
by panel
Is this your oil line into the turbo

Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:14 am
by 1938vw
Top of the turbo just to the left? Yes, is it the size that concerns you? No need to worry the ID is tiny, same size as the original feed from the Astra it came from.
Or was it something else?
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:34 am
by panel
That was it.
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:40 am
by 1938vw
I've spent a best part of ten years thinking about doing this

Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:18 pm
by 1938vw
So now the engine is back in the bug. Took me hours to sort out the fuel lines and the fuel pump relay.
I never realised how massivlry important a fuel relay is! If you don't have one, get one. Mine cost me under £6 and if, god forbid, I do crash and my engine stalls the fuel pump will stop instantly.
So got it running and times to 24* still running well ditch on idle but ap in the revs is running 11-12:1 AFR. From what I gather, 11's a little rich on boost but better and safer than 13!
Very rich on idle though, so I need to do a little more research into tuning the carb at idle.
But she's in, she's running and now ready to tune!
Video below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COkFb79yKPQ&sns=em
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:31 pm
by panel
Sounds crisp.
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:43 pm
by 1938vw
panel wrote:Sounds crisp.
Crisp? Is that good or bad?

Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:12 pm
by Boardpaul
That sounds lovely.
Sweet!
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:48 pm
by 1938vw
Cheers
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:17 pm
by panel
1938vw wrote:panel wrote:Sounds crisp.
Crisp? Is that good or bad?

Crisp is good........nice and clean sound. Crisp and clean

Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:53 pm
by 1938vw
Oh good

Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:19 am
by bazibbo
Looking gooood.
With the clocks going forward* you've got no excuse..... on the road tonight?
*uk time thing where we immediately get another hour of sunlight
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:34 am
by 1938vw
Too tired from the hour I lost this morning! Plus I need tax mot and insurance!
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:58 am
by bazibbo
LOL, yes I know that one!
Your engine definately sounds sweeter than my earlier 1600 turbo effort. Crack on.... looking forwards to seeing how it goes on the road.
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm
by Corysvdub
Where on ebay did you find that garrett turbo? Looking on downsizing my turbo, I have a t3 with .48 exhaust and .42 compressor on a 1641. Want boost lower down in rpms and dont want a china turbo.