Page 4 of 6
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:26 pm
by WickedWagens
The pump I got is awesome. I picked it up from Marty (great price). It is made by Bosch and marketed by Davies Craig.
http://www.daviescraig.com.au/Electric_ ... tails.aspx
Here is a shot to show how small it really is.

The water tank is a poly fuel tank for a go cart. E-bay find. It holds almost 2 gallons.

Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:49 am
by WickedWagens
Well just as I started to build the header school started to take over life again and I wasn't able to get much done on the car. Now that school is out it is time to kick it into high and get this thing on the road.
I was able to get back on the header tonight. Made J-tubes and started #2 & #4 pipes.

Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:56 pm
by shag55
Looking good man.
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:45 am
by WickedWagens
Well I was hoping to have a great update that the header was done and I was moving on to the next thing, but sadly this might get put on the back burner for a bit. Last Saturday I was playing around at my parents house at a bbq. I was doing some pull-ups and got the worst headache that I had ever had. It lasted about 15-20 min, but even still after that I had a lot of neck pain and a slight headache. If I moved fast or bent over the pounding headache came back. Sunday night we went to the ER to check and see if I had a pinched nerve or disk out of place. They did a CT scan and found that my neck was alright but, said that at 24 yrs old I had a brain aneurysm. They rushed me by ambulance about 45min to our bigger hospital that has a neurologist on duty. I have had a Neuro-vascular angiography, MRI, CT scans, etc. They found that it was not an aneurysm, but an Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) which is tangle of blood vessels and arteries. I have had it since birth and it just decided to bleed a little. I am back at home now, but cant push, pull, or lift more than 20lbs until we can get this taken care of. All of my scans have been sent to a specialist in San Francisco and we are waiting to see if they will treat me there. If they can it seems like a pretty quick recovery and I will be back to 100%. So now I just wait. Wish me luck guys and keep the updates coming as I have plenty of time to surf the web right now.

Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:09 am
by Chip Birks
Tough break man, that really sucks! Glad you are do okay though, and 100% recovery doesn't sound like a bad deal either. I'll stop riding your case about the flats for a while. I didn't know that you are only 24, I am too. Kinda opens my eyes a little. Life can be fragile at any age I guess. Take it easy for a while.
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:49 am
by Hotrodvw
Whoa! My Cousin's wife had something very similar last yr, but she collapsed in her class she was teaching. It was described as a spaghetti interweaving of blood vessels that aren't normally there. Hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself man.... Eric
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:10 pm
by shag55
Wow just saw your post. Sorry to hear that I hope everything will be ok.
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:30 pm
by Marty
OH man!
Please take it easy and get it fixed.
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:03 pm
by MarioVelotta
I guess we can never take a day for granted right! Hope you get back to 100% also.
On a side note..... That tubing is well under 20lbs
Sorry I had to say it, take care of yourself!
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:12 am
by WickedWagens
MarioVelotta wrote:
On a side note..... That tubing is well under 20lbs
Yeah, I know. The 20lb. rule is just the Doctors, my wife is a nurse and has her own set of rules for me.

Man, after sitting in a hospital bed not being able to get up at all for four days your body gets stiff right away. I am just now able to walk normal again and the headaches are just starting to go away. The one Doctor couldn't make a full judgement so he is meeting with the top doctors in the Bay area on Wednesday and they will discuss my case and decide what is going to be the best treatment for me. Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I am going to see if I can at least get some wiring done in the next couple of days. That should be light duty enough. I think today we are headed to the National Automobile Museum.
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 pm
by panel
Dude.......just read your last post. Take it real easy the STF will be lurking and waiting on your thread. get better soon man.
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:06 pm
by miniman82
Don't tempt fate- get better before doing anything, the brain is nothing to fool around with! I love my car and everything, but don't get me wrong I'd push it off a cliff in a single heartbeat if I had to choose between it and my life. The car will still be there after you get better, in the meantime I hope they fix you up!
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 pm
by WickedWagens
Well, I was able to get quite a bit of wiring done this week. I am waiting for some more connectors to show up in order finish off everything inside the car. I am headed to San Francisco tomorrow for surgery on Wednesday. They say that it is about 50/50 whether or not the surgery will be successful. They won't be able to tell until they get up there and start running some tests. If it is successful then I should be back to 100% in about 2 weeks.
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 pm
by BOB JOHNS
where did you get the flange for the tb ? hope all go's well
Re: Mark's turbo ghia buildup.
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 am
by WickedWagens
BOB JOHNS wrote:
where did you get the flange for the tb ? hope all go's well
I made it.