Seabee turbo buggy build
- Leatherneck
- Moderator
- Posts: 17104
- Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
It is welded 6'' after the turbo at 10 to 11 o clock. I will look for a photo.
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
Well I made it back with 1 working buggy. not 100% but working very nice. I was a slacker and did not take many photos . I did get a few videos but all you see is what i see . You can't see my buggy.

[/img]

[/img]


it was a good time. I will work on a video.[/img]

[/img]


[/img]



it was a good time. I will work on a video.[/img]
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
Everything went well . All new sounds can drive you nuts. I keep hearing (not all the time) clunking sound. I think the worse. But in reality it must be a cv joint. I had one clunking before I went out. The rear settled a little more so it may be gone again. When I can blow the cash I will get all racing CV's I also have a scratch when shifting into 2nd. but not when down shifting. It must be a syncro. it happened on my 2nd trans. It is caused by slam shifting and the trans was used 2 days before I got it. I know he slam shifts. It is not that big of a deal for now. I just shift slower ans then it will slide in without a scratch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8j3cWtrcF0
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8j3cWtrcF0
_________________
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
New changes

[/img]

Still working out the look and what is needed to keep it safe. I need to get some sleeves for the tube where is spliced it.[/img]

[/img]


Still working out the look and what is needed to keep it safe. I need to get some sleeves for the tube where is spliced it.[/img]
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
that is all first try stuff. no scraps yet. I have a few more supports to do on the side. I played with the look on the computer and also just looking at it for a few hours. It is not the ultimate design I want but I did not want to rebuild the whole cage. I am still out on the bender . Not happy with ease of use but it works . maybe as I learn how to use it I will like it more.
Last edited by seabeebuggy on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
- Leatherneck
- Moderator
- Posts: 17104
- Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
Well because it is on the ground and the die is 2'' off the ground. I don't have a bench outside and the roof is too low to bend inside on the bench. I guess it is better for the space i have then a side mount. I am just learning to be on my knees. NO JOKES THERE
Leather. I will weld it all off the body except for the areas where I have no choice for those areas I will use wet cardboard and or wood. That has helped a bunch in the past. I don't have leathers so...... My fuel tank will go to the rear . I will add 1 more tube above the rear hoop along the body.
I would like to remake new shock mounts and tie it all in . But That is more work and I don't have a massive cash flow. at 2.08 a foot for tubing it adds up fast. I have 40 feet and used 20 so far. I still may change the shock mount and the 2nd upright to line up with the outside. who knows. I am taking a breather to think about what I want.
Leather. I will weld it all off the body except for the areas where I have no choice for those areas I will use wet cardboard and or wood. That has helped a bunch in the past. I don't have leathers so...... My fuel tank will go to the rear . I will add 1 more tube above the rear hoop along the body.
I would like to remake new shock mounts and tie it all in . But That is more work and I don't have a massive cash flow. at 2.08 a foot for tubing it adds up fast. I have 40 feet and used 20 so far. I still may change the shock mount and the 2nd upright to line up with the outside. who knows. I am taking a breather to think about what I want.
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
lost photos
Last edited by seabeebuggy on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
- CopperBaja
- Posts: 5329
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 pm
I think the first one looks stronger....and visually pulls everything to a central point.
You should definitely weld it though....even thought it matches the shocks, I don't think the blue tape will hold up to the weather.

You should definitely weld it though....even thought it matches the shocks, I don't think the blue tape will hold up to the weather.
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
- seabeebuggy
- Posts: 3582
- Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am
ok it is done. I will keep the upright. sorry photos lost
Last edited by seabeebuggy on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.BigMikesGuns.com oe https://www.BMGAA.com
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
Thomas Jefferson said It may be necessary for a country to have a revolution every 200 years to right the wrongs of a Government.
Got Lead?
