Hey Mark, nice to see you are still active too. The turbo you have is from a Renault Megane 2.0 TCe, and in stock application produces 220 hp and 340Nm of torque. There is still a bit of 'head-room' for this turbo, and 250+ hp is possible (without becoming unreliable).
Did some things past WE: installed the intercooler and made the adapter hoses and tubing to connect it all to the TB's:
Plan is to add an Water-Meth injection to both sides with two very small nozzles as well. Bungs for them have been fitted now. Central line is just visible as well.
Last edited by Wally on Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
Hey Wally.....In my experience with the nozzles at 1.0 gph they are very sensitive to clean fluid and quality lines.....any corrosion will go toward the nozzle and plug it if not using a fine enough filter......as I'm sure you probably already know.
I always use distilled water with Denatured Alcohol....stainless or plastic fittings for no corrosion and a fine filter between tank and pump.
On mine it was critical that if the nozzle plugged I would get detonation since my intercooler wasn't efficient enough to cool at high boost. My 2.0 gph nozzle has not had issues.....
Once I got rid of the steel fittings my plugging issues went away....pretty dumb of me not to even think of that issue when I was building the hoses......
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
We don't measure the nozzles by gallon per hour in Europe, but just opening size in [mm], so I have no reference to your 1.0 gph size, sorry. Flow also depends on pump pressure, so I don't get that fixed flow to determine nozzel size anyways, but thats another topic I suppose.
Besides its all stainless and plastic what I use and never had a problem before and using these Aquamist systems since 2008
Updated the picture above and one more of the oil return for the low hanging turbo:
Just missing one blank AN12 plug, but its on order
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
No fan, just a very large (3,5" thick) MF'er! Side naca ducts for some "forced" air, but its a test and just curieus as you how well or not this will work.
If you look well, you can just see the intercooler webbing through the opening:
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
I welded up the exhaust headers a bit (much) better as I had forgotten about that. It wasn't needed for the N/A version, but I saw clear leakage signs now
Also added a heat shield under the oil pump, seemed like a good idea. Hope for a new 2-yearly MOT/Tüv/Inspection soon so I can drive it legally on the road again.
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi in a streetlegal 1303
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks