Avoid Autoatlanta.com for parts

VW based Porsche. In a league of its own.
dr914

914 world headquarters

Post by dr914 »

I highly encourage any of you to personally call me if you have a beef I am always here to help. You may not like the way I will help you but I will certainly help. We have been in business for over 25 years supporting the 914 community and business is better than ever requiring more of my time than I would like to spend here at this time in my life (I am 51 today!)
We have said and prospered by offering everything one would need to restore their Porsche and also by providing the best in tech advice. We try hard to stock everything one would need to perfectly restore their 914 and if not available contract to have the pieces made. We currently make over 200 different items for the car.
You as a group are only a very small but vocal? group who get together and work yourselves into a tizzy talking trash. I would truly like to see some constructive action by all of you (maybe go out to the garage and work on your car instead of talking about it!) and ease the abuse that seems to enable you.
We have survived because we have tens of thousands of satisfied customers, and as everyone knows those satisfied seldom speak out it is always the discontent.
It is not my policy to satisfy everyone, life is too short and I certainly do not need the money. I have this business for the love of the car, and have my own ideas on how the marque should be preserved. (by the way we also have bar none the best 914 collection in the world and encourage any of you when in the area to come and visit.
In conclusion I am here to help everyone with a 914 and not to hinder. However I am dr 914 and we are playing by my rules.
Vgonman
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 1:01 am

Post by Vgonman »

To show you mean what you say, how about refunding, as you promised, the money for my hose kit? I will be more than happy to post to the forums that it has been taken care of, and end my rant.

You have been in business 25 years, but the internet and the customer's expectaions of service and responsibility of the new milennium will undoubtedly catch up with you.

Do the right thing, do what you promised, and listen to these pissed off people. You may be doing fine financially, but hey, people don't have to be bent over to buy Porshe parts.
bob174

Post by bob174 »

I won't be buying squat from you, Dr. Hoser. I came over here from the Pelican site to see what the hoopla was about. You just lost a customer. No whining, just fact.
wellington
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:01 am

Post by wellington »

All this bad plublicity over 40$. What a joke. He has responded arogantly several times, yet refuses to refund for the parts sent back. Obviously has time to kill and his time is not worth 40$. Maybe the business is not so good after all.
Guest

Post by Guest »

I will be a 914 enthusiast long after all of you have passed on and have been the chief enthusiast long before most of you were potty trained. In your future rants, please post your first and last names so we can modify our files appropriately.
George Hussey
User avatar
chibone_vw
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:01 am

Post by chibone_vw »

I'am beyond words.....I know we are not perfect, but we try to do our best to not only give the best service and tech advice but to treat the customer with common courtesy and respect, before, during and after the sale. Without you (the customer), I don't get a paycheck.

We strive to be the kind of place you can recommend to your mom, and know they would be treated fairly and honestly.

This is a very small world we operate in, and earning a good reputation is hard to do nowadays. Those who don't, eventually end up by the wayside.

In my many years in this business, the ones who survive are the ones who do their very best in taking care of their customers needs and really making a positive impact on them

-John E.Chi
[email protected]
Guest

Post by Guest »

George,

My name is Garry Klinger. Other than a catalog when I first bought my 914, I have never purchased from you, and never will. Judging by your posts here, feedback on eBay for Treadway, and everything I've heard and read, you are incredibly arrogant, and run your business accordingly. Of the many negative comments I have seen, no one affiliated with AA has EVER admitted that they just might share some of the responsibility for the reputation your outfit has in the internet 914 community. It's ALWAYS the customer who is wrong. Sorry, but I'm not buying it, or anything else from you for that matter. If you have my name in your records (which I doubt) please remove it.
User avatar
raygreenwood
Posts: 11914
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am

Post by raygreenwood »

Ok...I will try and be big about this. George, if you will drop me a line on my personnal e-mail. Or if the AA e-mail has a personnel section that you will actually read, I would be happy to write a polite and constructive list of things you could do to increase your constituency and decrease the frequency of bad press like this. You noted that we are but a small group. That is quite a poor observation. The persons who contribute to this list are in the hundreds perhaps, but the persons whose automobiles those constituents work on...are in the thousands!

To help you understand where people get chapped...is your apparent arrogance, when it is we who spend our money with you. I could just put it off to talking smack with e-mail...but I have been to your establishment in person. After 3 visits, I replaced you. I have found little at AA that I cannot get elsewhere. Please remember that.

You may consider yourself Dr. 914...and it may be true, but I do know this. I manufacture bits and pieces that are hard to find as well. Some of them...you can't even get at your establishment, or anywhere else. I do this just for grins...and sometimes for the money involved. Mainly just for the challenge. I have also spoken with several people in your establishment in the past...and have found them to be less knowlegable than myself on several subsystems common to the 914 and other vehicles. That does not mean that they were bad mechanics. Simply put...I have enough attitude for both of us combined. I don't need to pay you for yours when I can get everything you sell...elsewhere.

I would sincerely like to offer suggestions for your service. A good source of parts for excellent vehicles...is a good source of parts. I would love to shop at your establishment. It is convenient. But not until your service and attitude improve . And...I wasn't kidding. I meet about 1000 people a week. At this point, your establishment is not on my list of recommendations. A nice calm chat is free. Interested? Ray
58VWbug
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:01 am

Post by 58VWbug »

Regardless of how right or wrong you feel the customer was in this case you should have made reasonable efforts to satisfy them. After that if they aren't satisfied then your under no obligation to continue further. After reading about a incident Jake went through recently to appease a customer I can say I feel he went well beyond reasonable effort and even many in the community here agreed with him. You came off as arrogant from the start acting as if the customer was being petty and such. Regardless how much truth there is to that or not you made no reasonable effort to make them feel satisfied and happy with your service. Atleast this is how I see it from my point of view and your posts do nothing but reaffirm those thoughts.

Jwilds
Vgonman
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 1:01 am

Post by Vgonman »

Ray, I hope they take you up on it, but they won't.............they are an old school place that likes things just the way they are, and when such an attitude is from the President of the company you can bet it has rubbed off on everyone underneath. Can you imagine having these people do service on your car? Imigine when they accidentaly damaged something..and refused to admit it, fix it, whatever.......I bet your car suddenly becomes a piece of poop they never should have worked on, they were doing you a big favor, and by the way, you are banned for life........

All for $40, which by the way they have yet to refund..........being as well off financially as they are, go figure!
ncghia
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:01 am

Post by ncghia »

George,

About 6 months ago I sent AA some hard to find used 914 parts that I had agreement would be purchased. Parts included a crankshaft pulley for A/C, heater J tubes, center console gauges, etc. I spent about $10 in shipping. I never received payment. I have emailed multiple times and left voice mail (can't get a live person) and none of them have been returned. I would a least like the consideration of returned correspondance, even if all it says is that I'm not going to get my money.

I have owned 3 914s and a 911. Used to buy from you guys. Not anymore.

Rob Henson
User avatar
raygreenwood
Posts: 11914
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am

Post by raygreenwood »

The really sad part is, that they do have quite ( or at least used to) a selection of cars and parts. My problems with AA began in 1994 when I was trying to locate a pressure plate for a clutch and possibly a rebuild kit for the brake pressure regulator. I called. They asked if I recieved their catalog. I said NO...but I would love one! The gentle man on the phone asked for my credit card # as the catalog was not free. That was no problem for me, but I don't give out my credit card # to anyone. I asked if I could drop in and buy the catalog and inquire about parts, since I lived in Decatur and it was only a 30 minute drive. The next tactic to get my credit card # was to try to put me on the mailing list...and for that he needed my credit card #....? I said no thanks, as I was actually working on a 412 and the mailing list/newsletter...whatever would probably be wasted on mee as I almost always simply call with a part # looking for availability.

He hung up on me in mid sentence....? I got evrything I needed from the good folks at Porsche/Audi parts over on Lawrenceville HWY.
Next year....I dropped by on the way home. Looked at some cars. There are some real beauties on the lot. Also some less than beautiful...but prices were comensurate with condition. No lies yet. There were still people there. I dropped in and bought a copy of a manual. Henry Elfrinks fuel injection manual. I struck up a converstaion with someone I do not remember. We talked about D-jet. I had just discovered the last and third adjustment to the outer stop plug and had made major progress in tuning. The gentleman knew nothing of this. Seemed mildly interested. So I went out to my 411 wgon and got out one of the first three copper plate designs I ever made. It was nice but had no drillings yet. Just a crimped...but precise plate. The guy laughed...said they don't repair used parts..."smart people buy new ones"
I found that kinda not too smart...considering he had just revealed to me that he had no concept of how to adjust a new one for baseline...if he needed too..which he would. I offered him one to play with and even offered a rebuilt MPS to play with. I just wanted someone besides me to test with. It was free...and they snorted and walked away.
The last straw was when I discovered WEBCAM. I needed a new cam. They wanted close to 3 bills for that flawed piece of stock crap they sell....at least thats what I found out later...cause they asked for my dang credit card again when I asked for pricing and they found out I was not on their "mailing list". They hung up on me. I didn't even get the chance to be rude. I will truely offer these guys calm suggestions...with no rants or BS. But my money says they are too arrogant or gutless to respond. Sorry for the length. Ray
guest

Post by guest »

Shoot now I have to respond...

Dr. 914, in the world of customer service--- reputation is key. You cannot classify me as a whiner because I have never bought from you so I haven't had a "problem" to complain about. I own a 914 and it runs great and looks great and I have done it all with out you. So I have nothing else better to do than research my hobby, my car. I came over from the pelican board to read all this. Colorful Vacuum hoses are NOT GRAY. A CARTOON DIAGRAM not being included when your ad clearly states it IS INCLUDED is called FALSE ADVERTISING. Not returning money is called STEALING and is a crime even in atlanta. And since you did business on Ebay out of state, FALSE ADVERTISING AND STEALING are probably violating interstate commerce which is a FELONY!
If you think all these people are whining and that there isn't a problem with the way you do business you are in DENIAL.

So from the real people who are your potential customers, looking after and caring for their babies... You are probably an evil man, who thinks he has the 914 market cornered. You think you have a monopoly and don't care that you steal and false advertise because you think we have no where else to go. You are wrong... so was Saddam
wellington
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:01 am

Post by wellington »

AA's request to supply our full name so we can be deleted from their list is proof these guys are idiots. Can they not see everyone is dropping them from their shopping list! George states he's been working on 914s before we were all born and will still be working on them when we are all dead. This guy is imortal. It comes through loud and clear he thinks he is GOD. Everyone can contribute something to our hobby. There is no room for narrow minded people.
User avatar
raygreenwood
Posts: 11914
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am

Post by raygreenwood »

I guess George is too slow to realize that Ray Greenwood is my real name....and I'm the only one in Dallas. I don't have to make up a name like DR. 914. He could simply call information and drop me a line. Ray
Locked