The Z-Bar Illustrated

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
User avatar
FJCamper
Moderator
Posts: 2913
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:19 pm

Doing it wrong

Post by FJCamper »

Image

"Doing it wrong" is the title of this autocross photo. No rear sway bar at all and some dips -- very shallow -- on the track.

Sharp turns and high speeds causes excitment.

FJC

PS: We won anyway.
scrap wire
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: The Z-Bar Illustrated

Post by scrap wire »

I haven't found any pics of a shimmed z bar or anyone who sells the bushings to do it?
I am probably not looking in the right spot.
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Re: The Z-Bar Illustrated

Post by Piledriver »

scrap wire wrote:I haven't found any pics of a shimmed z bar or anyone who sells the bushings to do it?
I am probably not looking in the right spot.
You have to think "hardware store" rather than "auto parts store".
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
scrap wire
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: The Z-Bar Illustrated

Post by scrap wire »

well i have a selection of rigid 3/4" and 1" and 1 1/4" electrical nipples and some thick washers.
I was wanting to see what others have done
User avatar
petew
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Re: The Z-Bar Illustrated

Post by petew »

resurrecting a dead thread...

Thinking of build a Z bar for my oval. Seems to me that if the compensator does half the job, why not make a Z bar that does the whole job?

What diameter/leverage (stiffness) would you say would be the right do you think?
I guess this has to match front sway bar right? So imagine it was matching a 19mm front bar... again I might try and bend up one for myself. What do you think? (beam is narrowed 40mm so it needs to be custom)
Post Reply