Page 3 of 6

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:28 am
by Ol'fogasaurus
Very nice indeed! I need to keep a copy of the picture for reference.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:01 pm
by Hot Wheels
I was pretty pleased with the end product. It will look better when I get some gear hung back on it though!

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:56 am
by Hot Wheels
Final assembly is Finally underway. I freshened up the 002 trans I picked up for this project, all liberty gears, reverse had a bad tooth. I am ready to put the engine in today and start running fuel and brake hoses. The body is next door at the body shop getting final prep. I hope to have this thing pretty well done by the first of the year and dune ready for spring.

Image
Image
Image

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:36 am
by Leatherneck
Good to see some progress on this, that is going to be nice. Are those Motorcycle tires up front? What size are they?

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:06 am
by Sneaks
I love the color combo on this, I think that black and silver has a very classy look. What is the body going to be like?

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:31 am
by Hot Wheels
140/90/15 motorcycle tires. They have tread, dot markings and work well in the sand.

The body is going to be black with a flame job. Probably do the interior with bed liner to make it easy to clean and scratch resistant

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:43 am
by Hot Wheels
Hopefully I will have some new pics to add today and over the next week. I finally got a little time in and got the roller back together for what should be the final time and the body is in primer this morning. Paint should be flying before the weekend! If i get the fuel, oil and brake lines run this week I could be setting the body on next week. Just ordered a mountain of aeroquip
last night to plumb the dry sump, coolers and fuel injection in. Thanks to muscle motorsports for used nascar fittings, saved 1/2 on fittings.

I also found in Speedway motors catalog some universal wilwood master cyls that come with large and small resiviors than can be top mounted or remote mounted. I have been working with girling 75a units but for $66 each i think these look like the answer i need.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/pl/14,113 ... nders.html

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:05 am
by Hot Wheels
Well here they are, fresh out of the booth last night...

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:42 am
by rickosuave1987
That looks great!

8)

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:57 am
by Getrdone
Thats awesome.......I could never have a paint job like that. I would end up just looking at it. I admire those who are able to still off-road cars like that, I personaly just cant do it. For me it would be like cutting up a real 69 Z28 to pro-street it.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:05 am
by Hedrock
WOW... :D

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:33 am
by Hot Wheels
We started masking about 6pm and were done and cleared by 11. I have a couple friends that are really good with paint. Lots of pizza and beer... We bed linered the fenderwells and underside to keep the stones from tearing things up. I think we are going to liner the inside of the tub as well. Seems like a pretty low maintanance way to go.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:39 am
by Hot Wheels
Image


I did it to match my truck, it was supposed to be a matched set of toys...

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:47 am
by Hot Wheels
Image

Image

Not the greatest pictures, trying out the wifes camera today... The chassis is just about ready, all the cooler and fuel lines are run. The wiring should be finished the first of the week, then cleaned up and wrapped,and then maybe i can finally set the body on. The engine pic is really of the dry sump tank i built, it has hinged baffles on either side of the pickup so when you are catywhumpas on i hill it keeps the oil flow near the pickup. Not my favorite place for it but in this very limited space project i could not find a better choice. If it ever appears to be a problem I will add an accusump to protect the motor but i think it will be fine. THIS MAY BE THE YEAR IT FINALLY SEES THE LIGHT OF DAY UNDER POWER! I guess its the upside to having to much time on my hands...

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:52 am
by david58
I can't believe I missed this thread. :shock: More pics more pics. :lol: Great job.