Page 13 of 13
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 am
by FatJake
Fortin!! Man those things are no joke! I just can't see spending more on a tranny than my truck. I think the start at $16k!
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:54 am
by KBWAKESK8
FatJake wrote:Fortin!! Man those things are no joke! I just can't see spending more on a tranny than my truck. I think the start at $16k!
yep.

By
kbwakesk8, shot with
T639 at 2009-01-07

I have a trans
we pulled out of my friend car

By
kbwakesk8 at 2009-01-07
his new fortin 5 speed

By
kbwakesk8 at 2009-01-07
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:37 pm
by cwrisley
That is sick, bro. Cant wait to see your car come together. That thing is gonna be stupid fast! If shotgun hasnt been called already.......
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:44 pm
by petew
so you are using that V8 after all.
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:45 pm
by KBWAKESK8
petew wrote:so you are using that V8 after all.
no v8 thats my friends motor. well maybe some day when he wants to go bigger.
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:28 pm
by KBWAKESK8
More parts.. The hole I dig myself just got deeper.
The light bar im not using just wanted the lights. put the light bar on the neighbors car.

By
kbwakesk8 at 2009-02-09
2.5 16” triple bypass king shocks

By
kbwakesk8 at 2009-02-09
I also picked up crow 3” 5 point belts for the car.
Over the weekend my friend and I started taking measurements on the car to lay out the new cage and we noticed that the rear torsion housing is bent Up on one side buy a good amount. Causing the camber on that side to be off. Not sure what I want to do with that yet.
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:48 pm
by Leatherneck
Nice,

wish I was your neighbor

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:36 am
by ntsqd
86 the torsion housing and go to coil-overs. Really. The car will love you for it.
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 pm
by KBWAKESK8
ntsqd wrote:86 the torsion housing and go to coil-overs. Really. The car will love you for it.
thats the new plan
So after alot of debate I'm stripping the car down to start over with a fresh body I have a 66 body I'm going to start over with,
full tube car its going to be insane.
But first I have the body and cage of this car for sale if anyone is interested in body cage pan and current registration hit me up.
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 pm
by tikotiko
dude stop changing the plan.......
actually let me know when you'll be doing anymore work to anyone of those cars i need to learn some stuff from you
Re:
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:25 am
by david58
KBWAKESK8 wrote:David58bug wrote:How is this going to work? Have you checked bump steer? How much travel are the tie rods going to have up and down?

This is the beam that came off my other car as is, it has almost no bump steer. the tie rods are clear of obstruction through there limits of travel.
Any more pics of this steering?
Re: Re:
Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 am
by KBWAKESK8
david58 wrote:KBWAKESK8 wrote:David58bug wrote:How is this going to work? Have you checked bump steer? How much travel are the tie rods going to have up and down?

This is the beam that came off my other car as is, it has almost no bump steer. the tie rods are clear of obstruction through there limits of travel.
Any more pics of this steering?
this front end is now on my fiberglass buggy.

By
kbwakesk8 at 2007-06-07
Re: Kbwakesk8's cars ,i need help!
Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:50 am
by KBWAKESK8

By
kbwakesk8 at 2009-08-20
i start over this car is now the 4 door

By
kbwakesk8 at 2009-10-27
i started a new thread
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 8&t=127895