my_medusa wrote:he found the right option

typ4 machined to the crank.
but i would go downstroked 69 crank and cb rods. than you are on a save side. and same time you could use counterweights if you want.
all testing for the LSR

Yeah, you know too much Christian
but the type4 rods are only 127mm, even 3mm shorter then 1200 rods (130mm), so with some pistons that have higher placed piston pins, the engine gets extremely short and that would mean a lot of work to modify everyting around it. So, not this year anymore.
I hope in keeping everything as cool as possible, that I won't have any knock and thus hopefully keep the pistons and rods in one piece...
I'am not too worried about the crank: inherently it has huge overlap of main and rod journal. Pistons and/or rods would be the first to go imo. Its a toss what would be first, but I have treated both of them with a surface hardening (salt nitrated crank and shot peened rods) so they should last a little bit longer then normally. Had to turn down the crank unfortunately last year, so some of the harder surface has gone, so fingers crossed.
LSR testing: yes indeed!
