Page 11 of 70
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:17 am
by CopperBaja
Punchdrunk Monkey wrote:I've been checking the mailbox daily and still no invitation??

Nothing here either....we could all show up in our bajas.

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:26 pm
by Lotrat
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm
by motorbreath53
Yup.. i've got one. Thanks though.
If you find a mendeola for $450 i'm in!
That ones a deal too... specially if the alternator comes with...
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 am
by Leatherneck
Is $450 a good price for the 2.2 Ecotec with all the goodies?
Re: don't tell Herbie.... I TOOK STICKERS OFF!!!
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:23 am
by dezertryno
motorbreath53 wrote:Had to put this in my thread, as I have officially made it mine...
Those decals were horrible.... not a single bit of baby blue, and not one single skull on ANY of them.
...and I didn't wan't my trailer resembling some flatbiller a$$holes cheezy tatoo....
So.... I picked at stickers for two days, and had this nice feller come out to buff and wax this sombitch.... MUCH cleaner now...
... the blue car lives in here now...
Before:
After

Have you found anyone that does WW warranty work?
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:34 am
by takotruckin
Leatherneck wrote:Is $450 a good price for the 2.2 Ecotec with all the goodies?
I would say yes. the motor alone would run you around 600-700 from a junkyard.
My parents can get warranty work done where they bought the trailer through an aftermarket extended warranty deal.
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:28 am
by motorbreath53
Leather- I'd say its a good deal. Specially' with that alternator... those aren't cheap... I think I paid $300 for mine with everything except the alternator, and wiring harness....
dezertryno- Haven't had to find warrenty stuff just yet... but I did buy it used, and as is.. so, i'd be one of those guys thats SOL and fixing it myself.... No problems yet though... so quit urinating on my "I've got a toy-hauler" high.....
Samual- Keep your hands off my wife. And quit laying down on my couch... you keep leaving jerry curl residue....
Poop- Pinecones are outside toys.... OUT-SIDE TOYS.
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:45 pm
by dezertryno
I had to ask...My step-dad and mother bought a 40' 5'er WW 2 months before they went under. They are really nice coaches. Congrats on getting the mother of bumper pullers!
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:43 am
by Leatherneck
motorbreath53 wrote:Alright... so with the house stuff going on, I won't have time for much upgrading of the car before this season.. so I'm stuck doing a sort of halfassed backyard baja "prep" for this season...
I'm needing:
* type III rear drums/shoes/ and hardware
* a fuse block from DelCity and a rewire job...(nicely this time...)
* readjusted shift linkage on the 002... (need to acutally cut the heim off and reweld...)
*4 new shocks...
*Fresh ball joints up front and some hook stops...
I'm considering:
* some bolt on 3x3's and use the 14inch stroke 2.5 bore triple-bypass SAW's that I have just sitting around..... I know, I know... I have bigger plans eventually anyway.. but if I find a deal on 3x3's... they'd be fun for this season, and I could sell em' off later...
...and the only parts i'd need to buy would be the 3x3's and then drive axles as I already have the type II CV's that I could make work...
Whata' you guys think?
Progress? The toy hauler makes me jealous so lets talk about your Baja.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:51 am
by motorbreath53
OK... where do I start.
Well, in 6 hours, i'll be getting married. 6 hours. So, if I bable and don't make sense, you know why. There are going to be close to 200 people there, so we've been busy preparing the house to be seen by relatives, making seating charts, and sh!tting my pants..... you know, like one does.
Oh, and i'm scrambling to find 2k to hand over to the shop that is rebuilding my trans and transfer case on my tow rig.
So, the baja hasn't been touched... I have scored some parts, but I figured you guys were tired of hearing about parts.... so, I was holding off on the pics until they were on the car....
Just know, that there are some "new to me" parts from CNC and SAW, then some appropriately shaped chromoly... then there is also some 930 parts... It won't all get to go onto the car right away.... due to some missing 930 parts, and a lack of appropriate CNC parts for the front.
Since I have to get the trans back in my truck, I think the plan for now since we're trying to get into the dirt Sept 24, is to bolt on the T-III drums that i've got, install my blade style fuse block, and commence the beating of a baja bug.
we'll see though. If the trans gets back in the truck, and i've got the time, I just might be installing some more "new to me" parts.
...i'm off to wash up a Trans-Am for the wedding pictures....

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:34 am
by Hedrock
Good luck buddy. All of those parts will be there when you're ready.
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:12 pm
by Leatherneck
Second that, enjoy the Marriage stay best friends and keep talking even when mad. Congratulations.
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:52 pm
by Lotrat
motorbreath53 wrote:Well, in 6 hours, i'll be getting married. 6 hours. So, if I bable and don't make sense, you know why.
Did you guys feel it? There was a definite shift in the force. I could feel it...
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:26 pm
by rickosuave1987
I think the "I do"s have been said by now...Congrats Bud.
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:54 pm
by DonT
rickosuave1987 wrote:I think the "I do"s have been said by now...Congrats Bud.
Yes, congrats!
And Lotrat, the writing is on the wall now.