turbo or supercharger?

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
User avatar
Steve C
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun May 14, 2000 12:01 am

turbo or supercharger?

Post by Steve C »

Hi
I just thought that I would reactivate this topic for VRSICK.
Regards Steve C
DJ

turbo or supercharger?

Post by DJ »

VRSick,
It all depends on what you want from your motor. If you want grunt off the line super charger will provide that, but if you want top end speed turbo's the way to go. This is all dependant on what motor you are running and the application that you plan on using it for etc etc.

I personally have a type 4 motor that will go into my oval which i will mount a turbo to. I chose this motor as it has more torque to start with than a type 1 (so i will have plenty of torque before boost comes on) and with a turbo that will come onto boost at 3000 rpm till 7500-8000 rpm I will have plenty of fun torque to play with.

Cheers
DJ
Post Reply