Page 2 of 7
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:24 am
by samcat
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:The nice thing about this header is that ANY of the TI style mufflers will fit it easily... Thats a godsend for looks and for cost both!
This was the last missing piece to the Type IV puzzle. Now that we have this, things will be even better in 2005 for the Type IV.
Amen to that.
I know of a good few people who were interested in TIV's who were put off by the exhaust issue, as in it cost lots and was not easy to get hold of.
This is a major step in the right direction!
Cya,
Sam C
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:14 am
by steve.a
Looks a nice exhaust.I do like the idea that it's not obvious that it is a T4-should keep people guessing for a while.It looks a lot like my stainless turbo thomas header which I'm very happy with - just got to sort the rest of my car out and get using it.
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:15 am
by Mathiasen
WOW - look amazing!
Any guess on the price? BAS headers is way out of my league, so this is cool! Now there's no excuse anymore!!
Rasmus
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:14 am
by Frozen Goat
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:33 am
by RICKERACER
Any hopes for one that will fit my Thing? Stock 2.0 porsche in the works for power, DTM for cooling, rear bumper is pre run style, so should give some additional space for custom exhaust. Jake, I know you got a Thing, what do you think? My engine will here next week, Jake i will be calling you soon for the DTM. Thanks to all for the advise. Its because you guys my 3 year money money pit gets a Porsche transplant, it just keeps getting better. Thanks, Rick.
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:45 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
This header will probably fit a 181 pretty well. I have done alot of 181 transplants and can honestly say that exhaust is a challenge to find something that looks correct and flows well.
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:52 am
by RICKERACER
Thanks Jake, can't wait for your test results. Rick
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:15 am
by tuna
Jake,
So now that you are back, what type of testing are you going to be doing with the header? Tiger mentioned something about collectors. I'm interested in hearing about the things you are looking to test.
Tuna
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:37 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I believe that Tiger made a couple of different collectors for the system, he wanted me to test them and see which ones worked the best..
I will also be taking the testing to a different level and testing it against a Tangerine header, Turbo Thomas header (Thats on the way now) and a BAS system as well as another header coming to me from Australia...
This will give us the best comparative results and will show which is the best bang for the buck..
I have to call Tiger and get the specifics..
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:48 am
by Ephry73
Well, I honestly cannot wait for the results! collector length and taper may help/hinder, but the system looks solid!
Will you test with different muffler combos or no? or all with a stinger?
Ephry
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:13 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
With a stingerand a couple different Fatboys...
I'll test it with everything I have that will fit it. I plan on giving it a solid week of dyno time on both a 2056 as well as a 2270 and then when I finish the next Super Hero I'll test the best systems on it as well...
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:19 am
by Ephry73
Good news indeed. I am already planning on buying one with 1.5" pipes for the 1910 type 4. It cannot be worse than what l have on it already, plus l love the sound of those Phat boy mufflers
Ephry
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:49 am
by max power
how do get in on the group buy jake?
edit: sent ya an email
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:01 am
by Ephry73
I did too
E
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:01 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
After I talk to Tiger and get some pricing I'll make a post..