Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:16 pm
by Mike T
PAX is useful if you are either beating everyone in your class or have nobody in your class. That way you can run against "everybody".

Way back when I was running a Bug in H-stock I would be top PAX at local upstate New York events quite often. If I could keep it on at least 3 wheels. :D

(See my Avatar)

These days in E-Modified I'm lucky to finish above 1/2 pack in PAX. Stock class cars have gotten much faster over the years.

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:46 am
by Ozzie
I run within the rules of FSP (0.814 PAX). It is a restrictive class with a lot of common to ACVW mods ruled out, but still enough room to have fun on a budget. The SM Class (0.845 PAX) has a 2400 lb minimum requirement but allows pretty much free everything else but is still a street class. F Prepared allows more stuff like gutted interiors, ect. F prepared is 0.863 PAX. Why would you choose to rum XP (0.868 PAX) over FP? I'm just getting into this and I'm having a blast. But I have future plans, and I want to get it right. Thanks.

EDIT: Not FP, but EP (0.858 PAX)

Also, Why is the Bug/Ghia in EP and the 914/912/924 in DP with a lower PAX (0.853) ???

Re: VW classification

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 am
by spectre6000
Is there a resource anywhere that clearly delineates what's viable and what's not? I've got a wild hare to build something up with the requisite nasty engine and I'd really like to have something to bolt a Mendeola suspension into. Once I do though, I'd like to be able to race it competitively and I can't seem to figure out where to take it. It seems like it might be possible to just build it and see where it fits, but competitiveness can be fickle if you're 1cc over some imaginary line and you go from driving against similarly capable vehicles to driving against modern Porsches and Ferraris and such...

Re: VW classification

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:15 pm
by CPDoug
Go to www.scca.com, full listing of rules and regulations. I believe that acvws are H stock, F street prepared, E prepared and D modified. There are probably some other classes that we fall into like STC, but I haven't looked into that in a while. I believe if you go with a Meneola suspension that throws you into D mod class, which is pretty much an open class with minimum weights based on displacement.
I just decided to build the car I wanted and let the class thing work itself out on its own, but it's good to know where the line is.