Avoid Autoatlanta.com for parts
-
GWN8
I read this thread with interest, as I need some parts for my 914's. I would have complained too if I had received a bag of hoses without the instructions and assuming from the ad description
"Our vacuum line kits solve the lean running, poor performance, and high/low idle caused by vacuum leaks! Custom cut, colorful, and easy to install, new vacuum lines also dress up your engine compartment! Kit comes complete with vacuum cartoon for easy installation. Please be sure to specify what engine you have. This auction is for a 1.7 1.8 or 2.0 kit. Good bidding!! "
that I would be receiving OEM style hoses. While the ad is written that it does not say OEM it is written to infer that is what you are getting. Altho I guess you could argue that having black & green hoses in the bag does qualify as "colorful".
But the part about leaving two phone calls and not geing a responce back is just poor business practice. As is the customer not receiving his refund in a prompt manner.
I guess my GF couldn't complain if she had a problem with a purchase from AA. As she isn't a man either. (Good thing)
"Our vacuum line kits solve the lean running, poor performance, and high/low idle caused by vacuum leaks! Custom cut, colorful, and easy to install, new vacuum lines also dress up your engine compartment! Kit comes complete with vacuum cartoon for easy installation. Please be sure to specify what engine you have. This auction is for a 1.7 1.8 or 2.0 kit. Good bidding!! "
that I would be receiving OEM style hoses. While the ad is written that it does not say OEM it is written to infer that is what you are getting. Altho I guess you could argue that having black & green hoses in the bag does qualify as "colorful".
But the part about leaving two phone calls and not geing a responce back is just poor business practice. As is the customer not receiving his refund in a prompt manner.
I guess my GF couldn't complain if she had a problem with a purchase from AA. As she isn't a man either. (Good thing)
-
Vgonman
- Posts: 635
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 1:01 am
Note how "dr914" signed in as guest and fails to identify himself...........call him personally? If dr914 is George Hussey or anyone associated with autoatlanta, why on earth does he not just refund the money like he promised? I returned the item a month ago, in unopened shape...............what more could they need? Me to call and leave a message that never gets returned, or more likely some rude person that just hangs up? Next time I am in Atlanta I might have to stop by and say "hello"
- raygreenwood
- Posts: 11914
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am
I notice Geoirge did not put his cell or extension #. I would be glad to call. I can give him the exact date and a fax copy of the very last receipt for parts I recieved from AA...as well a verbatim recital of the load of crap I recieved from these "gentlemen" when they found out I was working on 411/412's and not 914's.
So far, since that date in August of 1995, they have missed out on sales to me of 11 complete bearing sets, 17 full gasket sets, 3 cranks, 4 completed heads, 2 cases and 3 camshafts. Not to mention a TON of fuel injected parts. Does not sound like much.....yet I am one of HUNDEREDS...of dissatisfied customers you have generated. Since then I have discovered webcam, and dozens of friendly and honest parts dealers from coast to coast...not to mention...apparently more knowlegable. I also quit buying harnesses from your crappy used harness collection and now make my own with factory crimping, oxygen free wires and 600F cast silicone jacketing...not to mention superior performance. These butthooks were the FIRST people I ever offered new copper diaphrams to...free of charge, when I made my first ones in summer of 95...the early days. They blew it off. They obviously have so much business that they do not need ours.
Everyone relax and leave these guys to their own devices. I would be glad to chat with the man about his business practices. E-mail me personnally and I will give you my cell phone #. Or...I will be in Atlanta in June, August and November. We can meet and discuss your shortcomings personnally...and yes, allow you an opportunity to defend your position.
Wanna make some money Geoirge?...and generate some satisfied RETURN customers? Take me up on it! I travel the US for a living. I talk to thousands of people a week. I can just as easily be telling them you rock...instead of warning them that you suck! Sincerely: Ray Greenwood
So far, since that date in August of 1995, they have missed out on sales to me of 11 complete bearing sets, 17 full gasket sets, 3 cranks, 4 completed heads, 2 cases and 3 camshafts. Not to mention a TON of fuel injected parts. Does not sound like much.....yet I am one of HUNDEREDS...of dissatisfied customers you have generated. Since then I have discovered webcam, and dozens of friendly and honest parts dealers from coast to coast...not to mention...apparently more knowlegable. I also quit buying harnesses from your crappy used harness collection and now make my own with factory crimping, oxygen free wires and 600F cast silicone jacketing...not to mention superior performance. These butthooks were the FIRST people I ever offered new copper diaphrams to...free of charge, when I made my first ones in summer of 95...the early days. They blew it off. They obviously have so much business that they do not need ours.
Everyone relax and leave these guys to their own devices. I would be glad to chat with the man about his business practices. E-mail me personnally and I will give you my cell phone #. Or...I will be in Atlanta in June, August and November. We can meet and discuss your shortcomings personnally...and yes, allow you an opportunity to defend your position.
Wanna make some money Geoirge?...and generate some satisfied RETURN customers? Take me up on it! I travel the US for a living. I talk to thousands of people a week. I can just as easily be telling them you rock...instead of warning them that you suck! Sincerely: Ray Greenwood
-
Vgonman
- Posts: 635
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 1:01 am
Right on Ray!!! when you are in Atlanta, I will drive 5 hours to meet you there and we can knock on there door.............probably just as rude in person though...............Ray, i believe you should refer to yourself as "World 411/412 Headquarters" and go toe to toe with them..........they are too arrogant to realize the two cars share multiple mechanical parts.......
-
Guest
- raygreenwood
- Posts: 11914
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am
Mikey, are you looking for a stock cooling shroud? What type of exhaust? I am in the process of visiting one of my favorite parts "stashes" next week. I'm worried...they closed their doors and are selling the place complete. They only take parts buyers by appointements becasue the owners died and the kids can no longer take care of the business. They have literally tons of type 4 stuff. They were always pricey...but not extravagant. I am trying to talk the owner ito selling things quite a bit cheaper...if I can bring him last minute business before thye close the place. Last minute business would be people on this list. They have literally hundereds of VW's up on racks. Most of the good stuff is in a huge metal building...protected. They have a heap of cooling manifolds...pallates of fans..barrels of adavance units and distributors...and at last count about 100+ type 4 engines sitting around. It has been 6 mos. since I have last been there. I will let you know. Ray
-
guest
here's another one
Ive been doing "business" with AA since the late 80's. I always drive there to purchase my parts (usually because I am willing to pay a couple more $$ to have them then wait for mail order). the "doc" is always there and mostly is very cautious ... maybe from years of ugly feedback. Ive had many parts that were sold to me (like washer jets for a 951 that were instead for a 911... and couldnt be returned). My latest issue was one day when someone backed into my 914 and i needed a replacement rear lense. I called all over and he said he had 5 on hand (used) and I could come over and pick one out. So i went, and he told me verbatim : "I actually need these parts more than you do" so he decided he wasnt going to sell it after all and tried pushing the european lenses on me. Needless to say after 2 hours of driving and wasting yet another saturday i left pissed and amazed.
i found the part online for $30 and it was on my car 3 days later. which by the way was almost $100 less than aa.
Oh and im not making this up G
i found the part online for $30 and it was on my car 3 days later. which by the way was almost $100 less than aa.
Oh and im not making this up G
- raygreenwood
- Posts: 11914
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am
-
Guest
Hmmm. My automotive passions are my 911 and my classic Vette. I have bought several high quality vacuum hose kits for the Vette. I don't know the name of the hose manufacturer my favorite vendor uses, but all of his kits came with color coded stripes and a full color installation diagram. I can understand that the hoses themselves may not be colored, but a stripe down each gray hose so the installer can be sure that the hose is in the right place can't be that hard to do.Vgonman wrote:here is the latest reply from Geoirge Hussey at auto atlanta.......still no reference to my refund..............
"Our vacuum line set is nothing but the highest quality German vacuum
lines. These are specifically cut for each sized engine and are a perfect
fit. The fact that they are not as colorful as you fashion conscious silly
expected is simply a decision that Continental (the original equipment
manufacturer) made several years ago. It is beyond our control and frankly
not worth complaining about. (complain when the factory discontinues parts.)
My $0.02 only. The preceding opinion is worth what you paid for it.
-
E
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:01 am
Fuel and vacuum diagrams
Can't help w/AA, but Pelican has this (in color):
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technic ... agrams.htm
Good luck!
-Mike Dugan
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technic ... agrams.htm
Good luck!
-Mike Dugan
- 914rrr
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:01 am
-
58VWbug
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:01 am
What legitimate company needs to post their items on Ebay? If they were worth while they wouldn't need to post their products on Ebay. More and more Ebay is becoming polluted with large businesses selling their wares. Making it hard to locate those hard to find pieces or rare bits without sifting through a bunch of junk I could just as easily get at a local auto store.
Jwilds
Jwilds