Page 2 of 2
Porting heads
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 10:46 pm
by Tarnx
ACK| When I media blasted the head I was almost finished porting it revealed a crack in the same place as the other head. For the heads I am using there is an A and a B casting. The B casting seems to have the problem. I bought another A casting head today. So far I am $10.00 out for heads excluding the porting work.
Porting heads
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:35 pm
by Tarnx
The first head is almost done. The bead blaster gave a really nice uniform 320 grit finish to the intakes. Now the intakes will have to be match ported to the manifolds. The exhausts are being polished. When you start polishing you can see just how lousy you are at holding the grinder steady. The next head I will start with medium grit instead of coarse. It sure is looking pretty and there are no cracks. You can run your finger around anywhere and it is smooth as silk. The chambers on this head are in great shape with little valve shrouding. Just polishing them ccing them should be enough. The B heads needed alot of valve unshrouding.
Porting heads
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:19 pm
by Tarnx
Finished the manifolds today. What a mess! They are not even close to uniform in diameter. The diameter varies to larger than the ports to smaller than the ports all in 6 inches. I may have to go back to the manifolds I made. Also the head has a 1/16 inch ledge all the way around that has to be opened up to match the manifolds. This is a serious flow obstacle. Should be done with that part tomorrow.