Distributors

Do you like to go fast? Well get out of that stocker and build a hipo motor for your VW. Come here to talk with others who like to drive fast.
Kevin356A
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:01 am

Distributors

Post by Kevin356A »

I am just hooking up my New Mallory unilite vac advance. The brown wire is supposed to go to "engine ground". Where is a good place to hook this up?
User avatar
Eaallred
Posts: 2485
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:01 am

Distributors

Post by Eaallred »

You can ground the Mallory just about anywhere you want. I grounded mine on the small ground screw on the alternator since I wasn't using it for anything anyway.


------------------
Eric
64 Bug
64 Bus
tomt
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2000 12:01 am

Distributors

Post by tomt »

The reason I made the comment I did about MSD vs Mallory is that while the MSD works extremely well if it is setup correctly the Mallory is more tolerant of those who are less experienced. As far as MSD "buying" the drag racing market - winners only run what works.

If are an expert and really you know what you are doing you probably already have a favorite.
User avatar
hawaiianvw67
Posts: 507
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:01 am

Distributors

Post by hawaiianvw67 »

Aloha,

Just FYI - I bought the Mallory Unilite w/ Optical pickup from Aircooled.net w/ the spring kit.

Stay tuned...

~Joel
mharney
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am

Distributors

Post by mharney »

Just got mine yesterday from AC.N - You're gonna dig it.

--Mark
Post Reply