Oh, I dunno, I'm with Jake on this one. I too, do all my own stuff on my rides, at least my VW rides, and the setbacks can be disheartening. Do it wrong, don't *****, just redo it.
Or worse, spend four or five days doing the same job, running into obstacle after obstacle after obstacle, almost like the car doesn't wanna be fixed.
Don't let anyone fool you, either - there are cars that don't want to be fixed, no matter what you do to them.
reality vs.morality
-
72 Beetle
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 1:01 am
reality vs.morality
There is an old saying that goes like this - "When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging." That's how I look at my repair work and I think that is what Jake is trying to say. I do as much as I can, but when I get to a certain point I have to be realistic about what I can really accomplish.
One thing's for sure, I'll never STOP trying. The sense of accomplishment is really worth it.
Ryan
One thing's for sure, I'll never STOP trying. The sense of accomplishment is really worth it.
Ryan
-
[email protected]
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:01 am
reality vs.morality
charging over the hourly rate is illegal, and also modifying the body without your consent.....
maybe you should contact the buerau of automotive repairs, or better yet, ask for a refund first. If he is scamming you, then he is scamming everybody, and you have a duty to protect your fellow VW man, or woman. That's what it is all about. So kindly tell us the shops name and city so we can all avoid this place of buisness
maybe you should contact the buerau of automotive repairs, or better yet, ask for a refund first. If he is scamming you, then he is scamming everybody, and you have a duty to protect your fellow VW man, or woman. That's what it is all about. So kindly tell us the shops name and city so we can all avoid this place of buisness