my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Be happy with 90bhp 
-
Clonebug
- Posts: 4763
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
No you won't........boost is an addiction.
You will always want more.
You will always want more.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
It's bad enough in my golf tdi! Loooove the boost!
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
So yesterday I added the deep sump (inc. turbo oil drain return), tin wear, alternator, up rated silicon intake boots, intake manifolds, and renault 5 carb. The mountain of silicon goodies and rubber fuel hoses i ordered didn't arrive though 
A word of warning when fitting a deep sump: on the crank case is the oil pick up, it's bolted down inside the case, this bolt becomes impossible to remove once the case halves are together. Sods law, to fit my extended sump correctly it needs to be removed and replaced with an Allen key head bolt so it can be tightened through the holes in the extended sump!


A word of warning when fitting a deep sump: on the crank case is the oil pick up, it's bolted down inside the case, this bolt becomes impossible to remove once the case halves are together. Sods law, to fit my extended sump correctly it needs to be removed and replaced with an Allen key head bolt so it can be tightened through the holes in the extended sump!


-
bratjie
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:15 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Hi 1938vw, came across your build, you're doing well so far, I have just completed my 1600dp Turbo build with alsmost the exact same spec as your's, exept that I will be running a T25 Garret with internal w/g and single dell 36, stock dizzy, had some other stuff done too. What hp are you expecting to get from your build?
-
Clonebug
- Posts: 4763
- Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
What about your pulley tin???
You need that in a bug to keep the engine cool.
You need that in a bug to keep the engine cool.
1938vw wrote:So yesterday I added the deep sump (inc. turbo oil drain return), tin wear, alternator, up rated silicon intake boots, intake manifolds, and renault 5 carb. The mountain of silicon goodies and rubber fuel hoses i ordered didn't arrive though
A word of warning when fitting a deep sump: on the crank case is the oil pick up, it's bolted down inside the case, this bolt becomes impossible to remove once the case halves are together. Sods law, to fit my extended sump correctly it needs to be removed and replaced with an Allen key head bolt so it can be tightened through the holes in the extended sump!
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Hello there! Well I have to say, I'd be happy with 70bhp I just wanted to see if I could do it. Maybe in the future I'd like to build a bigger better engine or maybe a small engine with built proof parts again just to see if I can. The "200HP 1600dp" is a very good thread, of you haven't already, read that!bratjie wrote:Hi 1938vw, came across your build, you're doing well so far, I have just completed my 1600dp Turbo build with alsmost the exact same spec as your's, exept that I will be running a T25 Garret with internal w/g and single dell 36, stock dizzy, had some other stuff done too. What hp are you expecting to get from your build?
Any idea what power you are after?
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Oh god yes, I'm doing all I can to keep it cool, even have a thermostat controlled oil coolerClonebug wrote:What about your pulley tin???
You need that in a bug to keep the engine cool.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
No pictures to update with, sorry didn't take any, was too busy doing this!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaRjIDZM ... ata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaRjIDZM ... ata_player
- yvre
- Posts: 501
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 am
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Cool! Well done. Now the fun part begins.
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
-
13window
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:22 am
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Great work.
Might start a thread on my 1600 build
Might start a thread on my 1600 build
-
1938vw
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Zander, thanks
13 window, thank you and yes, do it!
13 window, thank you and yes, do it!
-
BARTMAN360
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:09 pm
Re: my stock 1600 dp turbo build!
Thats cool, I know the addiction as I have it too. All that math on the first page figuring compressor size made my head hurt. I just went to the junk yard and picked one that looked like it would work. The funny thing is my turbo specs are almost exactly the same asyours and we basically have the same engine..... Too funny. Keep up the good work. You will love the boost. I got over 25 miles per gallon (freeway) on my first tank.
Bret
Bret