Mexican throttle body anatomy!

Fuel Supply & Ignition Systems
User avatar
yvre
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 am

Re: Mexican throttle body anatomy!

Post by yvre »

Did you use the stock mexi valve or another one?
And did you port your throttle body?
User avatar
Chip Birks
Posts: 4058
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Mexican throttle body anatomy!

Post by Chip Birks »

Mine came from a jetta or something similar. Just a 2 wire bosch valve. All metal body. I did not port my TB at all. I ran the larger vacuum port into the manifold above the throttle plate, this smoothed things out a lot. The motor had good throttle response. The Mexi stuff was just too restrictive overall for my goals, and displacement.
User avatar
yvre
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 am

Re: Mexican throttle body anatomy!

Post by yvre »

Chip Birks wrote:I ran the larger vacuum port into the manifold above the throttle plate, this smoothed things out a lot.
Do you mean you just bypassed the throttle body directly?
User avatar
Chip Birks
Posts: 4058
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: Mexican throttle body anatomy!

Post by Chip Birks »

Yes and no. The port mentioned is actually located just above the throttle plate inside the TB. I found that it helps with early throttle response.
User avatar
kuleinc
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Re: Mexican throttle body anatomy!

Post by kuleinc »

I just checked my (I think Mexi TB) and it is a straight through shot, no "this thing doesn't even open until 1/3rd throttle" crap here...

My bad, I have a german EFI intake and TB...
1995 BMW 318ti with M3 Motor (Mine)
1994 BMW 325i Sedan (Hers)
1968 Baywindow Camper (Parts Bus)
1971 Westy Baywindow (EFI project...)
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=137593
Post Reply