I looked very seriously at going this way on my second Buggy but in the end decided against it. One of the reasons was because it was intended to be a off-road buggy and on rails that I knew of the diamond plate, since it is not covered by carpet, tended to be slipperier than flat stock so it tended to be harder to keep your feet on the pedals; it do look good though.
You have done an extreamly presentable job on your buggy... good job jspbtown.
Dune Buggy to Rebuild
- SCOTTRODS
- Posts: 633
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 am
Re: Dune Buggy to Rebuild
Very Nice Buggy indeed. I also considered that for mine, but had the same concern Lee had. Slick floors. They sure look nice though. I plan on making my floors easily drained in case the Buggy gets wet for any reason (I want to be able to take it to the car wash and let'r rip!)
I have considered an expanded steel floor or at least some inserts that would allow for the draining easily.
I don't plan on having as much sweat in mine as Lee put in just his body lift on the one he listed links to..... but I do want the strength of the additional lower support, to stiffen up the easily twisty frame/pan. I do want to be able to maintain control at 65 MPH or so if needed.
I should be starting to work again on mine as soon as this Ankle gets where I can walk normal again.... hobbling just slows things down too much. (could be gout.... dunno).
I have considered an expanded steel floor or at least some inserts that would allow for the draining easily.
I don't plan on having as much sweat in mine as Lee put in just his body lift on the one he listed links to..... but I do want the strength of the additional lower support, to stiffen up the easily twisty frame/pan. I do want to be able to maintain control at 65 MPH or so if needed.
I should be starting to work again on mine as soon as this Ankle gets where I can walk normal again.... hobbling just slows things down too much. (could be gout.... dunno).
I have found them completely missing more than once. - PILEDRIVER
Some pics of My Powder Coating work
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/
My Facebook Page for Powder Coating
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297
Some pics of My Powder Coating work
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/terrellster/
My Facebook Page for Powder Coating
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001788886297