im not sure if they where leaking from the top but i saw just oil streaks on the valve covers and assumed that the oil came from the top not sure any more i degreased my motor and washed that car after the trip. the gaskets i have been using are the cork ones i might try the rubber ones now. thanks for the tipMr Bs Bug N Buggy wrote:Yes, if you are using cork gaskets "I" like to change them each valve adjustment, they are cheap.baja kid wrote:
and i also have a question about valve cover gaskets. the last time i adjusted my valves i didn't replace my gaskets and after i got home from my trip from the desert last weekend i noticed that i was leaking a fair amount of oil from the top and bottom from my vale covers and i was wondering if i am so posed to replace them every time i adjust the valves.i assume that if i do replace it it will stop the leaking right. thxs
I have switched over to a rubber type gasket and I use them several times, well infact, I have not changed them since switching on the buggy....
I believe you are correct, if you did chase the leaking to the valve covers, then yes change the gaskets and it should stop, a little unusual for them to leak at the TOP.
baja kids - hydraulic clutch
- baja kid
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 pm
- Mr Bs Bug N Buggy
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:34 pm
- 72bajaben
- Posts: 1360
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:37 pm
All i have is a 16 gallon poly tank mounted in the luggage area. But i will get some pics of it if you want.baja kid wrote:its a 22 gallon tank and its flush with the luggage area where my speakers are so it works great for a place to store stuff haha. my car dosent have a trunk and there is not very much room in the interior so every bit counts. do u have pics of your tank in your profile i would like to check it out. the battery is mounted under the passenger seat.thanks for the complement on the car too. the po did most of the grunt work transforming it into a baja bug but my dad and i have also done a lot of the work really making it mine.
- baja kid
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 pm
- sxuxrxf
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:30 pm
My tank is almost identical. The dimensions are:
37" long x 21.5" (top) 15.5" (bottom) x 6.5" tall. I don't know the capacity. (it will be a while before I do
) I'm sure one of you math wizards can figure it out anyway. It has one baffle in the center to keep the fuel from sloshing around.
It fits perfect, leaving a flat surface on top all the way back. I'll put tools/tow straps and stuff under the tank and the battery will go up front.


37" long x 21.5" (top) 15.5" (bottom) x 6.5" tall. I don't know the capacity. (it will be a while before I do
It fits perfect, leaving a flat surface on top all the way back. I'll put tools/tow straps and stuff under the tank and the battery will go up front.


- sxuxrxf
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:30 pm
- baja kid
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 pm
i dont think so my fuel sloshes around a ton specifically when there is low fuel and i step on the breaks hard i can hear it going back and forth. i dont know i might but i drought it.sxuxrxf wrote:You might, our tanks look like the same manufacturer.
again does any body know anything about painted gorge or it might be painted rock i dont know im going this week end with some friends and have never been there it is so posed to be out my ocotillo ??
- Turbo_Manx_Maniac
- Posts: 3308
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:32 pm
I was out a painted Gorge last weekend, it's more of a spot for dirt bikes IMHO. After you climb around for 1/2 hour I got bored, of course I like the faster wash runs myself.
If you want some good trails, go to Aqua Caliente, or ride the pole line road and go to superstition. Ocotillo is a great place, it offers all kinds of riding, especially if you are street legal.
If you want to test your car, run around one of the MDR courses. It will test your suspension and your driving skill. Try and run through 2 miles of 3 foot deep close whoops, and get out of first gear....
Kind of gives you a different perspective on the trucks going through them at over 100 MPH, expecially when you can't get over 10 MPH without killing yourself.
Have fun!
On the valve cover leaks, get bolt on's.
If you want some good trails, go to Aqua Caliente, or ride the pole line road and go to superstition. Ocotillo is a great place, it offers all kinds of riding, especially if you are street legal.
If you want to test your car, run around one of the MDR courses. It will test your suspension and your driving skill. Try and run through 2 miles of 3 foot deep close whoops, and get out of first gear....
Have fun!
On the valve cover leaks, get bolt on's.
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
- rickosuave1987
- Posts: 4640
- Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:15 pm
From my math it is about 19 gallons. But i have been wrong before.sxuxrxf wrote: I'm sure one of you math wizards can figure it out anyway. It has one baffle in the center to keep the fuel from sloshing around.
Does the baffle only go in one direction?
I personally like the foam-ed tanks like the one I have. i have no sloshing issues at all.
Baja
HookIt
GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
HookIt
GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
- Projectile Motion
- Posts: 400
- Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 9:36 am


