Kbwakesk8's cars ,i need help!

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
tikotiko
Posts: 2904
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 am

Post by tikotiko »

KBWAKESK8 wrote:I have been slacking on the car. :cry: just have had way to many other things going on to be able to work on it. i just removed , rebuilt and reinstalled my trans in my 2003 ford explorer , never again :roll: .

Im in the look out for a bigger trailer something double axel would be nice.

hope fully i will get more done on it next week.
check out craigslist theres this dude that has some nice trailers for a 1000 even in the upper desert
I just wanna drive it that's it.
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

tikotiko wrote:
KBWAKESK8 wrote:I have been slacking on the car. :cry: just have had way to many other things going on to be able to work on it. i just removed , rebuilt and reinstalled my trans in my 2003 ford explorer , never again :roll: .

Im in the look out for a bigger trailer something double axel would be nice.

hope fully i will get more done on it next week.
check out craigslist theres this dude that has some nice trailers for a 1000 even in the upper desert
Thanks i will have to look in to that.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
WisdomRacing
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by WisdomRacing »

Have you made any progress on the rear cage? I'm curious if you found any inspiration from the Jorman rear cage style:

Image

When I put in the V6, I'm planning on something similar to that one ^^
User avatar
petew
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Post by petew »

it's not gonna go far with two planks holding up the motor and no trans! :lol:

Nice ride though. Is it copping a shell of some sort?
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

WisdomRacing wrote:Have you made any progress on the rear cage? I'm curious if you found any inspiration from the Jorman rear cage style:

Image

When I put in the V6, I'm planning on something similar to that one ^^
progress on the rear cage? Not yet . Im waiting to find a trans. I might have a mindola on the line.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
Kraut_n_Rice
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Kraut_n_Rice »

Mendeola

;)
'68 Baja project. FOR SALE
User avatar
WisdomRacing
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by WisdomRacing »

Sweet! A Mendeola would rock. 2D?

Pete: That's a 1/1600. It'll have aluminum body panels. Not mine though, a fellow RDC'ers.
tikotiko
Posts: 2904
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 am

Post by tikotiko »

Hey thanks for today dude hope that works out for you.
I just wanna drive it that's it.
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

Up date I hopefully pick up my mindy to night . its a built 2d geared for my motor. its out of the car my motor was in.
on a side note it will be hard to run out of air.
Image
By kbwakesk8 at 2009-01-05

I have been plumbing the garage with compressed are lines.
It is so nice not running out of air. 80gal 185psi huge cfm. 220V 5hp. :twisted:

Tikotiko thanks for the coming by.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Man you are just in it aren't ya, new spendy, new compressor, and one that can or is worthwhile to rebuilt if needed.
User avatar
rickosuave1987
Posts: 4640
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:15 pm

Post by rickosuave1987 »

What are you using for piping the air? Be sure to use some sort of condensate drain before its piped into the system. Especially if you are using steel...
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

rickosuave1987 wrote:What are you using for piping the air? Be sure to use some sort of condensate drain before its piped into the system. Especially if you are using steel...
I have a drain plug at every low point in the system and my branch lines are sloped and come off the top of the main lines. I also have a ball valve coming off the bottom of the tank so i can drain any water after each use. I have a regulator on the wall taking the psi from 185psi in down to 110psi. the compresser kicks on when it drops below 165psi . there is no waiting for the compreser to keep up with the air tools. :twisted:

I am actually a pumbing desighn engineer for a large consulting firm.

Im useing scedual 40 pvc I would like scedual 80. it can handle 300+ psi.
I let the seams dry for the full 24 hours before running the system. The exposed piping out side will be painted so it does not sun burn. And i'm building a rain cover for the compresser.
It is freshly rebuilt. came out of my friends shop he needed more are to run the 3rd lift.

Sorry for such a long response.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
KBWAKESK8
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by KBWAKESK8 »

Leatherneck wrote:Man you are just in it aren't ya, new spendy, new compressor, and one that can or is worthwhile to rebuilt if needed.
the compressor was a freebe minuse the $100 misc. parts.

The spendy Lets just say im lucky to have a understanding girl friend.
And i got a good deal. I got the phone call im pulling it out of my friends car tonight. only 6hr max on the trans. He wanted another gear so he just picked up his 5 speed forten. :shock:

I will take picks of his car my trans and his new trans.
:shock: :roll:
User avatar
Leatherneck
Moderator
Posts: 17104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Post by Leatherneck »

Ya got to take the deals when you can. On the PVC, word of caution, if you ever, ever hear it hiss at a joint, shut the compressor down and replace whatever joint it is. It will go high order and sends pieces flying, do not ask me how I know this first hand either. I used the pvc in my shop for 8 years only problem was if the above hissing took place. Have fun!
User avatar
Kraut_n_Rice
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Kraut_n_Rice »

Nice score on the compressor!

FWIW, my air tools REALLY like 150psi.. chit gets done when you turn the pressure up a bit!
'68 Baja project. FOR SALE
Post Reply